• ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    When it comes to these critters I don't know where to begin. Years ago as a telco tech with AT&T, I was on a trouble ticket for no dial tone. I isolated the issue to inside the house, a short in wiring on one leg of wire stapled around the house. I checked it out and was stunned at the size of the rat that had died on it while trying to get under the siding into the attic. Its big ass butt and tail were hanging out, unable to get up or out. I kept looking at the small crevice between brick and siding and wondered how in hell did he even get halfway. In our garage there is a spot behind the washer that has obvious chew marks in sheet rock, no mice made those marks and is frightening. I can't physically move the washer to fill the hole with foam. Our garage door right there has the rubber thing on bottom that is easily crawled under by a rat from what I've seen above. Once they get into sheet rock they get into house walls and attic. Traps in garage right there caught several in one night but only one rat per trap then they got smart, they are proven in labs to do that.. I've read a pair of rats can breed 85 young ones per year. Long and short of it, have anyone of you ever used the baits with these stations. Thanks
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• station.jpg
      station.jpg
      15.2 KB · Views: 34

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Tomcat rat baits are what I used with traps. Old house in Houston developed a rat problem when the cleared a huge vacant lot for a high rise senior assisted living facility. I trapped 12 in one night inside the house.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I have never had a problem with rats, but I have with mice. I have used a mouse and rat poison called 'Just One Bite' with great results. The only place that I have found it for sale is at feed stores. Give it a try, I don't think that you will be disappointed.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Had to get part of my house rewired due to rats chewing on wires. I put poison bait in the water heater closets, under sinks, and in areas where they can enter. I also put poison packets under the house for the critters that might roam there. The biggest issue is keeping my dogs from getting under the house. Tomcat has worked so far, but I'm rotating other brands to keep the rats guessing.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Problem with poison is they head to water and then that's what kills them butbits not instant
    They wonder back to their nests/ hideouts to die so you end up with dead Rats all over the place and usually where they hide out. They rot and stink.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The top rail of the fences in West University Place, one of the most affluent cities in Texas (city inside a city ( Houston)) looked like rush hour with all the rats running every night, much to the dismay of the Karen's.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I've used the trap you posted, with mixed results. Leaning more to a mehh type outcome.

On the other hand, the TOMCAT bait and sticky traps have both gotten great results. With the bait being my choice for eradication of those little bastages outside the house, and sticky on the inside.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Only problem with using poison is that sometimes they crawl in to walls to die. And then the smell.

I use glue traps set at key places.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Man - Good luck. Rats creep me out. I'm all for disposing of their nasty selves in any way possible that won't F-up other animals. Same with feral hogs. Vermin all. Good luck. How about you fry those fruckers?
    View attachment 451816
    I want to say that Victor traps make these black plastic traps that are really easy to set(baiting if a bit of a chore).. When they close half the body is enclosed so those put off by the sight of a dead rat does not see them. They basically say then throw the rat with the trap away. I reused them until the plastic stress fractures where the no longer set.

While I worked the renfest rats were a big problem. The place is out in a woods with little activity for 10 months. The Tomcat baits slows the rats down big time. It probably messes with their brains too. The he poison makes the seek water. It was common that these rats would just expose themselves in a slowed down state. My buddy kept one of the mini .22 mag revolvers loaded with rat shot and would shoot them were ever seen.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I have a simple solution to the rat problem. Leave them snakes alone and let them live. If you have to get rid of snakes then get two broomsticks and lift them to a part of the area where they will not bother you. Snakes eat rats and continues to eat them. I have moved several snakes from my yard back to the canal next to my house. I have not had rat issues ever thanks to them.

Top Bottom