• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Does anybody use a quality clear coat or just leave it to wear? A buddy has a rattle can noveske and it looks like it's been dragged behind a truck for 3 years... I think it looks awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Even flat clear coat makes them too shiny for me. I always just sprayed paint and let it be.
    DK Firearms

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I wouldn't mind disguising the giant manhole cover and surrounding concrete 'circle' just a few feet off our patio...common area of the condo complex; but I'm on the board and might be able to get away with it. That area looks like a flying saucer landed in the yard!

Actually, we have quite a few concrete "eye sores" dotting the landscape...might be a good project. ;)

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I wouldn't mind disguising the giant manhole cover and surrounding concrete 'circle' just a few feet off our patio...common area of the condo complex; but I'm on the board and might be able to get away with it. That area looks like a flying saucer landed in the yard!

Actually, we have quite a few concrete "eye sores" dotting the landscape...might be a good project. ;)
    Clean them, rough them up, and paint them. If your camo skills are strong then nobody will notice.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Been using the lace, nets, and tape with rattle cans for years. I used to use camo tape and wraps and always had the lace paint jobs they put on cars in my "youth" in the back of my mind.

Then one day I read a quote from one of the bigger name gun writers talking about rattle canning a new gun and he had some one comment "You'll NEVER get that off there!" with his reply being "I hope not. I don't want to be doing this every year." That statement right there flipped the scale for me and I been doing it to any gun I use often for any kind of serious hunting.

I like mine to imitate a snake generally. Lighter on the bottom, darker on top to counter balance the sun light on the top and the darker shade affect on the bottom. It seems to work pretty good for snakes.

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Been using the lace, nets, and tape with rattle cans for years. I used to use camo tape and wraps and always had the lace paint jobs they put on cars in my "youth" in the back of my mind.

Then one day I read a quote from on of the bigger name gun writers talking about rattle canning a new gun and he had some one comment "You'll NEVER get that off there!" with his reply being "I hope not. I don't want to be doing this every year." That statement right there flipped the scale for me and I been doing it to any gun I use often for any kind of serious hunting.

I like mine to imitate a snake generally. Lighter on the bottom, darker on top to counter balance the sun light on the top and the darker shade affect on the bottom. It seems to work pretty good for snakes.
    I like it. Thanks for sharing

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    She's beatup but gets the job done. Base coat of tan with green "stripes" then "misted" with a can of black from about 2 feet away to darken it up a bit. All in Krylon but I discovered Aerove paint a while back and they sell rattle cans in "mil spec" colors and have started using it for projects instead. Seems to be a tougher paint thats harder to knock.

15391115_10211644416812100_3025723609977658010_n.jpg

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Got this done last night. Will get pics outside in sunlight, whenever that is. Inside pics are hard to see the detail and actual color.
    Colors: Rust. Khaki and Primer Gray, Krylon Italian Olive and Earth Brown.

EsaPthJ.jpg

hai2Sbc.jpg

Last edited:

truman3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Got this done last night. Will get pics outside in sunlight, whenever that is. Inside pics are hard to see the detail and actual color.
    Colors: Rust. Khaki and Primer Gray, Krylon Italian Olive and Earth Brown.

hai2Sbc.jpg

EsaPthJ.jpg

I don't see anything.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I was just kidding because it's a GREAT camo job! It was late and maybe not as funny as I thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aw man that went right over my head lol. It had been forever since I'd used my imgur account I was sure I screwed it up.

And thanks. Wish I could get pics noe. But its way too cold out and I'm a weeny to be standing out in it taking pics

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Does anybody use a quality clear coat or just leave it to wear? A buddy has a rattle can noveske and it looks like it's been dragged behind a truck for 3 years... I think it looks awesome!

Nope. Krylon is tough enough. After its completely dry, it takes a bit to wear it. I've soaked a painted scope ring in break fluid. Crap didn't loosen. I left it in the jar and forgot about it. It's still in garage. Still painted. I also poured a little bit of gasoline in the jar. Just to see how it'd effect it. Split to layers. Fluid on bottom, gas on top. The ring is soaking above and below the line.

Paint is still sticking. Annoyingly sticking......Warne steel ring.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom