• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I've looked at the fishnet finished and given it a bit of consideration. Plan to try it if I can come up with some fishnet material for cheap.
    Ive been doing a bit of a hybrid camo pattern that seems to work well. Its a little bit of fishnetting and a little bit of coarse sponge mixed with striping. Any type of irregular striping will do. To do that i use tape and tear or precut them jagged and on a whim. Then i spray over or sponge over it.

With netting the tighter to the weapon the better. I like to use wider spaced netting and if you go to walmart or academy you should be able to find some cheap.
    Hurley's Gold

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I've looked at the fishnet finished and given it a bit of consideration. Plan to try it if I can come up with some fishnet material for cheap.

Ask the wife/girlfriend for some help with that, they come in a bunch of different textures, patterns, etc........................ijs.

tumblr_liy6wbw2dh1qgi5aqo1_5001.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I love rattle can paint jobs. What's the technique for the 550 cord? Some rattle cans will have nozzles that spray in a fan pattern instead of a cone. With those you can make thin lines by moving the can quickly in the direction of the fan. I would recommend starting with the lighter colors and then layering darker ones on top.

Here's one I did with a combination of tape, patterns, and freehand. The scope is factory camo.
    8661583348_05c4e8df86_b.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not much to it.

Paint a base color, then wrap 550 cord randomly around the stock. Paint next color and wrap 550 cord randomly again, then paint the final coat.The second color will show the least amount.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Those Kryptec style camo patterns are really starting to grow on me. Thinking about going that route, on one of my budget builds from the Anderson lowers I picked up.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Exhuming this thread. Anyone sprayed painted lately?

Yep. Two AR uppers(one complete rifle) and a pelican case.

Three colors. Starting with olive drab. Followed by tan. Finished with a yellow green. Used a bush branch as a pattern.

Dry misted the objects with the same colors. Same order. Finished with limeish green. It looks like mold growing off the rifle.

Each time, set in the weeds. Colors adjusted till I couldn't see it. Bright sunlight, partial coverage using foliage.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Yep. Two AR uppers(one complete rifle) and a pelican case.

Three colors. Starting with olive drab. Followed by tan. Finished with a yellow green. Used a bush branch as a pattern.

Dry misted the objects with the same colors. Same order. Finished with limeish green. It looks like mold growing off the rifle.

Each time, set in the weeds. Colors adjusted till I couldn't see it. Bright sunlight, partial coverage using foliage.
    Pictures?

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Single color.
    I sprayed my 10-22 beech wood stock with flat black and then sprayed plastic dip. It looks pretty good. Not hogue good but far from its usual ugly self. Will post pics this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

truman3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Does anybody use a quality clear coat or just leave it to wear? A buddy has a rattle can noveske and it looks like it's been dragged behind a truck for 3 years... I think it looks awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom