• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    CGO2 vid on a 50" plasma looks awesome. Really impressed.

Have you gotten to play with the phantom yet, Chuck?

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Played a little with the camera. Haven't started it up yet. Going to be first flight tomorrow. It seems to be a tank. No wonder why they up graded the motors.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    If my wife is home tomorrow, the ZMR will go on it's maiden flight. They want a signature for delivery but I won't be here and USPS does't have any kind of pre-sign for packages like UPS and FedEx do. Strange how they can't keep up with the times.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    If my wife is home tomorrow, the ZMR will go on it's maiden flight. They want a signature for delivery but I won't be here and USPS does't have any kind of pre-sign for packages like UPS and FedEx do. Strange how they can't keep up with the times.

I waited until 4:00pm cause I had to sign for it..

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    It's ok, I have one. In my opinion its good for people that want to involve themselves in the hobby with someone but arn't serious or are kids. Not a good quad to learn on.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    It's ok, I have one. In my opinion its good for people that want to involve themselves in the hobby with someone but arn't serious or are kids. Not a good quad to learn on.

I agree it is not for pro's. It is a great one to learn on. It is self stabilizing, has a decent camera, and can be run into things with the indoor hull on it.

I have had two. The first one was a gen one. I took it to work and let several people that have never flown one had a great time with it. Then I took it outside to demonstrate how high it would fly. When it went above a high bay building, the wind caught it sent it a quarter mile away after I lost control... It was an epic mess.

The 2.0 came out and I bought it. The video was much better, it can do flips, and it performs very well. I am still gunshy about taking it above rooftops. I did get the GPS pack for it. You can map out a flight on your phone using satellite pics, and it has a return to takeoff point mode.

Sure, there are better ones now, but you can find them for $169.00 refurbed on Woot. Try to find a better deal on a quad with an HD camera (1280x720). If you don't have an iPhone or iPad, or an Android phone or tablet, you may find something better with a controller.

I have tried a bunch sub hundred dollar ones without cameras, but found them to be not very durable. If you are a stunt flyer, your money is better spent elsewhere.

Last edited:

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    My Blade Glimpse with the controller was about 230ish and has a nice 720p camera and controller on it but won't auto-level (which is good). I got the Parrot to have fun with when I wasn't learning initially on my Glimpse. I wanted to learn with a quad that didn't auto-level but keep another one handy for one that did when I just wanted to fly. Now that I can fly with no issues, the Parrot went to the wife since I have no use for it anymore. I love my Glimpse, I've wrecked it more times than I can count and only replaced the propellers on it so far, flies great and fast.

Top Bottom