• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    could always keep the turns open, so tight turns for 1/14-1/16 and outside/wide turns for 1/10.

If you're good there could be jumps set to jump over lanes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    2 mos ago I would have bought one of these for this price, and a shield 45 just because.

Had a nice couple months to splurge, put most away for the new house and now were back to normal spending/saving...

dammit

4d7a54e538d276cc9c14e9d43913c367.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Damn, must have something new coming out. HH seems to throw some pretty good discounts as models are updated.

Looked at some different track layouts online. I think It may end up being a pretty compact track for 1/10 scale, but might be able to make it interesting with the right layout.

A crossover jump is probably doable but I'm not sure if I can have it with a track wide enough for 1/10 and still be able to make the jump with 1/18-1/14 scale trucks.

Gonna be raining today so I'll have to let things dry out, but once I go back with a sprayer to kill some grass I'll have a better idea. The box blade worked ok but it starts riding on top of thick grass and takes about 100 passes to get it down to dirt. 300-400lbs of cement stacked on the back would probably help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Took the slash and the little Dromida out to run around in the cleared area. Really no traction at all. Slash still does fine but definitely needs better tires for it. Area is a little small for a course but doable. I only ran 2S which feels a little slow now. Gotta slow down to turn or the truck will just push in the powdery sand, getting back on too hard will spin it pretty quick. Messed with the suspension again the other day and the back of the truck was sitting low, probably didn't help the pushing issue. Added some more preload to level it out.

The 1/18 Dromida bounced all over the place, the stiff springs in it right now didn't help. Lots of spinning tires, getting tossed in weird directions, etc. crap ESC makes it hard to manage the throttle. Turning throttle trim down to half was still faster than it needed. Turns were just about impossible. It pushes bad anyways and the lack of traction makes it push, then grab, slid in to the sand, and flip. Did I mention that the stock tires are horrible, worse than the Slash. More suited to asphalt than dirt. It may do better with a set of Dromida buggy or MT tires and wheels. And maybe a fishing wait glued to the front of the frame somewhere to help it turn. Firmer ground would make the biggest difference.

It's actually pretty quick for its small size and the imprecise steering servo and ESC make it more of a basher than a racer anyways.

Bashed it around till I twisted a driveshaft.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i hate how tires are so important, yet so expensive. One option is to find good stock tires that fit on ebay. I'll evetually put 1/8 Associated Rival wherls/tires on my Revo Basher, and pony up for Proline Badlands on the Baja Bug Revo, which still sits untouched

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah.

Badlands are at the top of my list for replacement tires. They seems to be great on anything, just wear out quick on anything hard packed or high traction. I like the look of Trenchers but I think they would slide too much in the turns.

There are very few options for the Dromida. Some have modified them to get more options but I'm not willing to put that much money in it. May order a set of tires for the dirt truck or buggy version but that's about it. I could do the MT tires and swap the pinion but not really looking to raise it up like that and I don't think they would offer much in the sand. Not gonna do anything with the tires unless I can get the suspension tuned better though.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I have trenchers on on one of the ECX trucks and they work well on pavement, 2s @ 4300kv

seem to work fine as well off-road, haven't done much smooth dirt though.

I wonder if Mini-8ight tires will fit your Dromida. I might look into them for the Tacon. I have some 2.2 road tires that are the perfect diameter as well. My client in Temple had some lying around, brand new in package (like a 20 year old package), and he tossed them my way.

If you ever need body work, Tubbs in Temple is aaaaammmmaaaazing. Badass resto work also.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Full set of Road Rage II, and a pair of Striker II.

i think both are discon
    47ea6f1838d2361de837389a4100e129.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'll get some measurements on the Dromida wheels. I know they need to be pretty open for the tie rods ends to fit. They are actually so tight that I had to do some trimming to stop a binding issue.

I'd really like for Trenchers to do what I want. I just don't like the look of the Badlands. I don't run on pavement much so it's not much of an issue for me. Almost all loose dirt, shallow sand (not enough for paddles), gravel, and grass.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Tire diameter is 2.3"

Wheel is 1.4-1.8 SC style

Inner diameter on back of wheel is 1.6" to clear tie rod end.

8mm hex drive

Offset is about .6"

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    bdcaf8686f12f22691b0d8ae3cf2ec84.jpg

Noticed I kept finding dirt on the table, turns out it was coming out of the wheel. Vents all the way around collecting and holding dirt in the tire.

The foam is completely trashed. Warped the wheel with the heat gun pulling the tire but was able to heat and reshape in. Not that it matters without a foam. Maybe glue it, seal the vents, inject some air, and put a drop of super glue to seal that hole...

Probably start looking in to some replacements.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Looks like the second wheel isn't coming back.

Thought I figured out the trick on the first one, lol. Nope.

At least I know why it was vibrating so bad. Thought the body was rubbing or something.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can get a set of the Dromida dirt truck tires which are about 40X more aggressive (doesn't mean a whole lot) for $25, or a set of 12mm hex adapters for $6.50. I'd still need to find small enough tires and wheels to fit them though.

Probably go with the dirt truck tires/wheels and seal the vents to keep it from happening again.

The buggy tires are a pin design but so small I don't think they would do much good on anything but hard packed clay.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Screw it. Can't find anything remotely close to the wheel/tire size I need. Set of DT tires on the way.

dd82ae1e9a20f9d4b5755c21bb48bf65.png

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sprayed yesterday to kill off some grass. Went today and measured out the total area of 71'X85'. Used marking paint to lay out a track, I think it should work out pretty well.

I need to decide what I will mark the lanes with, paint won't last long. Still need to scrape the grass off once it dies too. Then get a load or two of clay for the jumps, mark the lanes again, and build some fun stuff.

It will include a crossover jump.

14224a8164867c69005021b4e1bac665.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Got some new shoes

d8d1fbe6b95ef4e3fd7782731ea9335c.jpg

Hug difference in traction. Think they will work pretty well for my use. On 2S I spent a lot of time with a front wheel pulled up running on grass. 3S should be a lot of fun.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    New shoes for the Dromida came in today as well.

70de0f6dd5a5ddd75a855edebc03e408.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020
    Top Bottom