• ...and so much more!
  • codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    So I'm running a 101 degree temperature right now and in my light headedness, I've talked myself into shelling out the money for the RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Combo. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm loading for precision rifle and I'm loading A LOT. From what I've read, the scale is dead on, the problems involve it throwing a charge .1 grain too high on occasion. I can deal with that. It still shows up on the scale, just toss it back in the hopper and do it again. I just wanted some input on what you guys thought. Staring at a ballance beam and trickling for hours on end is not what I consider fun.
    Lynx Defense

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    I'm sure its no fun . I have no experience with a chargemaster and use the beamer myself. I had a Pact BBK scale and only checked every 10th charge coming from my Dillon on Pact and then Dbl. checked on the beamer.
    If you can deal with the .1 ..then I wouldn't worry about it. check every 10th load and be done with it. Checking every load can be no fun at all.

ForneyRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Forney, TX
    Been running one for over a year. It has made my rifle ammo more accurate. It doesn't do pistol charges for 45 ACP, etc. worth a dang. So you still need a powder dropper or other solution for pistol.

Getting something more precise, like a Denver Instruments electronic scale is $$$ and doesn't have the trickler.

A cheaper solution than the Chargemaster is to use a Lee dipper with an electronic scale, then trickle the rest in.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I ended up getting it and my precision rifle ammo production is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster. It doesn't like extruded powders, which is unfortunate as that's practically all I use. The stick type powders bind up together when its trickling and it will throw a .1 or so over on every few throws. But its easy enough to dump it back into the hopper and let it throw another one.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have the Chargemaster and love it. When it does throw a heavy load, I use the brush that came with it and remove enough to get the charge where I need it. It helps to jack the front feet up and the back feet down before you calibrate it, but stick powders do dump heavy some times. I have read about issues with the electronics going bad, but both of mine have ran fine for years. Also, keep it on a seperate table from your press because they are very sensitive to movement, vibration, and wind. I can even push down on my reloading table and make it flutter.

I'd like to get the new one from Hornady because I prefer their products, but I have no reason to change besides that.

Don

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    East Texas
    I've had mine for a little over 2 years and so far, I love it..!!
    Have not had any problems with it to speak of..some problems have been mine or my fault.
    I forget what they call it, but you can set it to pour the next powder drop automatically by taking the powder pan off after it pours it and pour it into your shell and when you set the pan back on the scale it starts to pour the next amount without pushing a button...makes it a little faster????????

Every now and then it drops a little heavy...some powders are harder to meter, no big deal...just dump it back and do over.
    Lifting the front may help like mentioned above...have not done that but will try next time..thanks for the tip.

Its just very cool.....Also Hornady is making one too now..looks kinda like it but seems to be all one piece not like the Chargemaster.
    Also seen another one..forgot who makes it but its yellow and Cheaper Than Dirt carries it and its pretty cheap compaired to the rest. But I have NO idea about it
    Here is the web site 63796 - Smartreloader iSD Reloading Powder Scale and Dispenser
    Its about $170 cheaper than the Chargemaster...but who knows?? It has one good review about it?????

Don

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I might be willing to bite the bullet and test that machine out due to its price!! Too freaking bad cheaper than dirt is in TX so there are no sales tax savings@!!@#

My 300 wsm mag is coming in and I am not looking forward to powder shots at 65+grns on top of all my .308 loading...

Top Bottom