• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    do you need to use "case lube" or is it just a silicone lube found in any hardware store at 1/2 the cost of something marked reloading supply ?

That I don't know about. I haven't experimented with anything other than spray lube.

If you find something that works let us know.
    Hurley's Gold

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I used the lube pad when I started, 30 some years ago. Nothing better at the time.
    Charlie turned me on to hornady one shot. I'll never use the lube pad again.

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    After having a few stuck cases with One Shot and Imperial, I'm back to a lube pad with RCBS II. However, I don't tend to load too much at one time and seldom use a progressive. I also use Mink Oil, lanolin and others with good results.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I've only had one stuck case which was on some 1940's headstamp m2 brass with military primers. I made a home version of the tool to remove it and went about my way.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    When I first used the spray "One Shot", I tended to use the cases before they had dried a completely (they were still a little wet). That was a mistake. I wait at least 10 minutes or as soon as they are dry to the touch to use them. I have had a couple of stuck cases in the last 10 yrs. or so but found that to be because of a dirty die. It doesn't take long to gum up a die with dirt, etc. (and lube). If I run 500 or more cases I will clean the dies with some brake cleaner and that does the trick.

Top Bottom