• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zaraster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Ennis
    "In my view, there simply is no untouchable constitutional right guaranteed by the Second Amendment to keep loaded handguns in the house..." --
    Justice Breyer, Dissenting opinion rendered in DC gun case, June 2008

In a 5-4 decision, Justices
    Breyer, Stevens, Souter and Ginsburg believe the above statement and stated such in their dissenting opinion in the DC gun case. It is not an individual right and you have no right to self-defense within your home if the government says so. Five Justices say otherwise.

The next president will nominate one, possibly two supreme court Justices. One liberal confirmation will swing the balance making the Second Amendment the right of the government, not your right.

If a candidate was anti-gun in the past, they are anti-gun now and will be in the future, regardless of their campaign rhetoric. A liberal president will nominate anti-gun liberal justices like Breyer and Stevens to the court. That's a fact. Make your vote count this fall.

Gun Zone Deals

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Eventually we are going to have to make it a criminal offense to try and disarm people in this country. I mean attempting to do so is literally a clear and present danger to the safety of our society. The history of the rest of the world is proof enough of that. I seriously think that some of the more insidious politicians out there doing everything possible to disarm people, and no matter what Supreme Court rulings in gun owners favor, no matter what they continue to try and disarm people, and when the laws change out of their favor they simply come at it from other angles.......I think politicians like that with such blatant disregard for the Constitution and the safety of this country from wanton crime, I think they should be executed for treason or jailed for life without parole. Harsh yes but, they are a threat to the security of this country. Especially to be attempting to disarm us in time of war. It's never going to happen in this day and age, but someone needs to control these people somehow as they are obviously incapable of controlling themselves and have no business having any sort of power making or changing laws.

DopaVash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Kingwood, Tx
    Try them for Treason? Absolutely.

Yes, the Narrow Margin scares me a great deal. It scares me that so many in this country blindly follow the hollow and empty words of NObama, even though he betrays his own words moments later. Scares me to death that so many of this great nation can be so willfully deceived. This Nation STILL is the most powerful in the world, and handing power over to these types would be like handing the controls to a prepped and armed nuclear weapon to a imbecile. Just bad for business.

BeNotAfraid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Red River, Texas
    thank you, sir! You are a Patriot of the first order....

the absolute nonsense flying around in today's alleged "media" makes me puke. it is testimony to the effectiveness of mass-propaganda, which fueled the mass murders of the likes of Hitler, Stalin, and Mao.

every day in every way--we have to get the word out.

three men and a woman dressed in black robes in DC telling us we have no rights to firearms here in Texas?

MAN, now that's a stretch.....
    1132007infringers.jpg

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I seem to remember a quote by one of our founding fathers (I'm thinking John Adams, though I can't find the quote) basically stating that citizens have no obligation to follow unjust/unconstitutional laws, and in fact have an obligation to disobey them if they value their freedom. The quote may have been a bit more subtle than that, but I think that was the jist of it.

To anyone that has half a brain, it IS clear beyond all shadow of a doubt EXACTLY what the constitution says. Their is no room for interpretation, it is quite clear. In that respect, there is certainly no necessity for 75+ pages of discussion and clarification of each individual word from the Supreme Court. It's as simple as stating, "Hey, it's in The Constitution, says the people, and says shall not be infringed. Therefore DC gun handgun ban is unconstitutional." How simple is that? Political correctness be damned.

Sometimes I get a really brooding feeling about the future of our country and the direction it is headed. Though, it helps me immensely to look back on the words of the great founders of this great country and remember that WE have the truth and justice on our side. Even if everything else opposes us, we are still in the right, and nothing can take that away. Even if all of our rights and liberty are stripped from us, we still have the forces of good, logic, virtue, reason, and countless other good things on our side. God, it's amazing to think of the pure and utter geniuses that lived a little over a couple hundred years ago, and just how unfalteringly, unabashedly, pure and morally right these great men were. It makes me feel that much greater being on the side of right, truth, etc.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Good luck finding a pro-gun candidate to vote for this election......we sure didn't have a pro-gun administration for the past eight years.....

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I wish we could get a pro gun candidate elected.Theres got to be someone out there.;)

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    I was a state Delagate and supported Ron Paul. McCain is a joke and the other nominee is not any better. I'm very very concerned with the prospects for our country. We're going broke by sending our manufacturing overseas, taxing or regulating our people and businesses to extremes.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    It is not just Supreme Court justices the next president will appoint, it is all the federal judges. Remember that federal judges create more law from the bench than SCOTUS. Most of what they do doesn't even make it to SCOTUS and it is just as binding until SCOTUS is presented with the case and agrees to hear it.

The best choice of those who have a legitimate chance is McCain.

We don't need to become an Obamanation which would make us an abomination.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    That's if you actually believe that McCain or any other "conservative" actually has preservation YOUR liberty in mind........based on his and other "conservative's" actions, I challange you to find a candidate from the available choices that won't harm us.

Top Bottom