• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    So a guitar center opened up near my house in Sugar Land last week meaning I wouldn't have to drive all the way to Westheimer in Houston to browse around while my friend buys fender strats.

I foolishly went there today with my friend to check it out, and that's when I saw this...

IMAG0202-1.jpg

IMAG0201-1.jpg

They had cheaper white ones with dot inlays instead of the fancy ones on this one. This isn't the greatest picture of the guitar. It looks a LOT better in person, the neck is the same shiny red in color. This one has the fancy pearl inlays and pearl epiphone logo on the headstock. It's everything I want a les paul to be in a nice low price.

As much as I'd like a real Gibson, they are too damn expensive. I had a cheaper epiphone les paul before and it was decent for the price, but it was missing all the cool stuff, like the pick guard and the switch at the top left was absent, and instead on the bottom by the volume and tone control knobs. In other words, it only resembled a Les Paul in shape, and slightly by sound. I sold it after my exgf bought me a nicer guitar for my birthday. I though about selling that one to get this, but I like that guitar and I'm still friends with her so that'd be kinda rude to sell a gift lol

So the real decision is... I'm thinking of using my gun fund money on this instead of an AK. I've already owned an AK before, and I already have an AR15 and a 1911 to fill my rifle and secondary and handgun role. I use my guitar a LOT more than I use my guns, and it doesn't cost so much to maintain and use (ammo in specific).

Why the heck not? I really want it. If I saved only my tip money I make every day I work, I could afford this in 2 weeks. Though I see myself buying this sooner than 2 weeks lol. I could have came home with it today, but that's wouldn't be smart to just drop $400 at once without thinking it through.

What do y'all think? Gun or Guitar? :D

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Well I guess if you're ever in a situation where you would've needed the AK instead, the guitar works just fine as a whoop-ass stick. Lol.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Well I guess if you're ever in a situation where you would've needed the AK instead, the guitar works just fine as a whoop-ass stick. Lol.

LOL like I said my AR could fill that position. I will NEVER sell my AR. It will belong to my kids kids kids kid one day.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You already have a rifle so you won't be in the lurch if SHTF. Sounds like the guitar will give you more enjoyment than the AK so I'd get that.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The gun will go up in value. The guitar likely won't. Just something to think about.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I was thinking about getting that rock smith thing for xbox and try to learn how to play the guitar.

If I were you I'd just get a real guitar lol

Hey go for it , I found out that if you don't grab things when the opertunity arrives someone else will
    grab it and then you lose .

LOL I asked the guy at guitar center if it'd be here later on as well, and he said yeah they have more. I'm probably going to get it this week.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Buy what makes you happy man ... tomorrow you could die in a car wreck, or 10 years from now we could be in a civil war ... no one really knows. If you want the guitar, go for it. You already have means to defend yourself.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    If you got a rifle, a pistol and a s.gun there is not a lit of need to buy a buch more.
    Buy the guitar and enjoy. I bet you play it more than you shoot the guns anyway.
    Just don't put it away! Hang it on the wall and play it every day.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    If I were you I'd just get a real guitar lol

LOL I asked the guy at guitar center if it'd be here later on as well, and he said yeah they have more. I'm probably going to get it this week.

Rock smith requires a real guitar it plugs in to the xbox it's not like guitar hero.

Top Bottom