• West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

When the new Congress comes into session, one of the first things it will have to deal with is the debt ceiling of the United States. For anyone not familiar with it, this is the amount of money the government is allowed to borrow. Sometime early next year, we will have exhausted the money we have borrowed to run the government and the government will have to borrow yet more to sustain itself.

Every time issue comes up, we hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the left. It will be the end of the world as we know it if we do not raise the debt ceiling.

In reality, raising the debt ceiling gives liberals the excuse to continue spending like drunken Democrats, which many of them are.

The United States’ debt ceiling is now $14.3 trillion. The 2009 United States gross domestic product was approximately, $14.3 trillion. When we raise the debt ceiling this time, we will officially have more debt than our national annual income.

When this issue comes up for a vote, the Republicans in the House have a choice. Vote for it or not.

What if we just say no?

There would certainly be consequences. Our credit rating would be hit. There would be disruptions in our bond market. And we would have to reduce spending.

Liberals shriek at the idea of not raising the debt ceiling, but the simple fact of the matter is we cannot continue doing it indefinitely. America is broke and still on a spending spree.

It is time to cut Uncle Sam’s credit card into tiny pieces.

The consequences to America would be definite but not as bad as the ‘spend us into bankruptcy’ crowd would have us believe. To paraphrase an old saying, “when I owe you $1,000, I have a problem. When I owe you $14.3 trillion, you have a problem.”

The insane spending brought to us by the Obama/Pelosi/Reid axis of fiscal evil has to stop. The best way to stop it is to cut up Uncle Sam’s credit card. If we cannot borrow any more, then we have to live within our means. It is not negotiable.
    Venture Surplus ad

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    no, let's see if "We The People" will use the voice we found and hold Repubs and Dems feet to the fire and make BOTH of them do it...or at least make the Dems OWN IT along with Obamam Care....there needs to be pictures of Obama veto'ing the repeal EVERY MONTH...and of protest in front of the Whitehouse every time!

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Both parties have to take a bite of the spending orgy sandwich. Already, the GOP is waffling on eliminating earmarks. It is time to start writing the newly elected, yet to take office congressmen and remind them of the expectations.

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    Sooner or later i feel We the People will eventually reach this point (copied from another thread regarding the renegade insanity of it all...)

Texasjack:
    It's like being in a lifeboat, but chained to the Titanic! These idiots are going to take us all down with them.

To which thegomezdan responded
    Maybe it's time cut the chain.

6a00e552560c4288340120a50a8ae5970b-800wi.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I am NO fan of either political party. It just pisses me off to hear the slightly less pitiful guys brag about a balanced budget they had while in power. That doesn't mean that we didn't have a deficit. It simply means that the deficit wasn't getting any larger while they had control. We were still broke and being run into bankruptcy by their drunken sailor money management. When the Turd Head party got into power, the deficit took off like a horse race.

All of them lie to us, (their bosses) by nature. I especially liked the way Social Security was folded into the General Fund. By law, those funds could NOT be used for any other purpose and they didn't violate the law. They simply plugged the SS funds into the balance sheet to make it LOOK like we were less bankrupt! That is absolutely crooked and it was done to cover up illegal war expenditures.

How about Covert activities? The bastards smuggled drugs and sold guns to shady characters to fund our black ops. Some of those guns ended shooting at OUR troops! Oh yeah....these guys are real pieces of work!

Face it.....there isn't one of those bastards in Congress that we should trust with change for a dime.

Flash

Top Bottom