• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Kind of a futile gesture. Congressmen are not subject to recall. With a 2/3 concurrence of their particular House, the can be expelled.
    Lots of states can use the recall process on their elected officials, but not at the Federal level.
    I do think he took care of any reelection chances and has indirectly increased support for Allen West to run for the Senate.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Kind of a futile gesture. Congressmen are not subject to recall. With a 2/3 concurrence of their particular House, the can be expelled.
    Lots of states can use the recall process on their elected officials, but not at the Federal level.
    I do think he took care of any reelection chances and has indirectly increased support for Allen West to run for the Senate.

It would seem that is not so
    Recall the NDAA Traitors: How to Recall US Senators and Congressmen
    Its on another subject but the premise isnt the same. I dont remember a senator being recalled before and couldnt find anything with a quick google search.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Had to do some homework on this one.
    Reading up on Robert R. Livingston (one of our Founders), he argued against having the state legislatures (pre 17th amendment) having to recall a Senator after they had appointed him. I believe that his concern was that with a six year term, a Senator could be recalled at a whim if the party make up of the state legislature changed in the middle of his term. As the Senate is supposed to be the more "stable" of the two Houses, Livingston worried that states would be more concerned with petty politics, than the larger interests of the Union.
    This is how I learned about this issue in a course from the National Center for Constitutional Studies (NCCS).
    Links to Robert Livingston:
    Robert R. Livingston (chancellor) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Day-by-Day Summary of the New York Ratifying Convention | Teaching American History
    (see June 24, 1788 on the second link)
    Now I think it's very possible that people could try a recall petition on a Senator and then sue in federal court. I'm sure SCOTUS would end up hearing the case (or declining as they sometimes like to do), but I think they'd find for original intent (not that they really give a crap about the Founders anymore).

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    From the limited "research" I did it seems that it would turn into a legal battle ending with the SCOTUS and with the way that freak show is working (or not) I have little faith they'd rule the right way. Personally I think they ought to be able to recall Rubio since it seems he purposefully mislead the people of Florida.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I didn't do any research. I hope Allan West moves to Texas and runs for congress, or President. Screw Rubio, Schumer likes him, Obama likes him, the rinos like him. What more do you need to know?

For years now we've been told we need him to run for prez because he's Hispanic or latino or whatever. Well **** that shit. I'll never vote for anyone because of their race. Hope he enjoyed his little time in the sun as the latino poster (butt) boy for the rinos. I'll walk to the polls in 3ft of snow to vote again for Cruz, and leave the damn box blank for president if Rubio gets the republican nomination.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Well at least our 2 senators didn't act a fool, even tho I think Cornyn, was just falling in line, probably tired of hearing be more like Cruz.

I wonder when Cruz will fold?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Allen West needs to stay in another state. Cruz is doing a fine job of keeping Cornyn in line so we need West elsewhere. Power in numbers kinda thing. Id love to see West run for president but I don't think he really has a chance as the RINO establishment hates him. Im truly interested to see if Graham and McCain lose their seats with all the bullshit they've been pulling. Especially McCain, I have no idea how that man can get re-elected with his extremely progressive agenda and his constituents being mostly devout conservatives.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I would love to see LTC West back in politics AND as a senator. Unfortunately, the 2 districts he formerly represented in Florida elected Damnocrats. With him as a senator, there would be another voice of reason (something the libiturds hate) to join in with Cruz, Lee and Paul.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I think West would make a great president but I don't think he could get elected. He's too conservative for most moderates and too honest in stating his opinions. Of course that's what I like about him.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Am I the only one who sees "Allen West" but reads "Adam West". Then start thinking Batman, then jumps to Quohog's "Mayor Adam West" who's voice is done by actor Adam West who played Batman and later became the mayor of Quohog.

It just runs in circles.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Am I the only one who sees "Allen West" but reads "Adam West". Then start thinking Batman, then jumps to Quohog's "Mayor Adam West" who's voice is done by actor Adam West who played Batman and later became the mayor of Quohog.

It just runs in circles.

I do the same thing,

Adam-West-family-guy-684393_1024_768.gif

Top Bottom