• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I bought my 380 Shield EZ because both my wife and I are getting up there in years. The first time I fired it, I loved it. Yes it' a little big for pocket carry but if I ever do carry it, it'll be on a belt. I put 100 rounds of hollow points, mostly HydraShok and some Creedmoor. Zero problems. But, S&W has a recall on them because the safety, which I like just because, might activate with heavy recoil. It never happened to me, but what the heck it was free.

So I contacted S&W online, got a free FEDEX mailing label with instructions by e-mail and off it went. Two weeks later it was returned to me via FEDEX.

There was a list of things replaced and done to it. It looks the same and shoots the same. I really don't know what the fuss was. But, when we're both gone, one of the kids will have a nice gun to shoot, pass along or sell. I guess everything has it reason.

Long winded was of saying I really appreciated the quick and efficient was S&W handled this.

Chris
    Guns International

Reactions: MTA

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Ive purchased a multitude of S&W products in recent years so I hang out in the S&W forum a bit. While they (like anyone else) have had some minor problems they have been very expedient in getting them fixed and thumbs up on their customer service. They even send out free parts so you can fix things yourself if possible. (<<<you need to "chat" with Candace for this)

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Good to hear you had a positive experience. I had a Shield have an issue a few years back and they took care of it with no questions asked. I also had an older M&P40 fullsize that I bought used that was having failure to feed issues. They took care of it as well.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Thanks for all the comments. I've owned and still own many S&Ws both Semi-Autos and Revolvers. Other than the recall above, I had the factory re-blue and re-time a used Md 28. They did and outstanding job and I wish I had kept that gun instead of trading it off years ago. I also sent in a used Md. 15 I bought on an auction sight "as is, no return" that had a lot of stuff wrong that pictures and description didn't address. Sadly, the gunsmith at S&W called me to say there wasn't any way he could make the gun safe to shoot again. S&W destroyed it at no cost and sent me written confirmation for my records. I never dealt with the seller again and provided feedback, which he addressed only as the gun was "as is" and that was that.

Which is a long way around to saying I've always had good luck with the factory regardless of what others might say on other forums.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom