• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • feeesh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Austin/League City
    Hi All-
    I'm new to Texas and I just accepted an exciting job near Jersey Village. I'm living with a friend in League City right now and I'm looking to relocate somewhere closer to work in the next week or so since I start on Monday. We drove around midtown earlier today and saw a few nice apartments but reading some reviews has got me worried about crime (mostly car and home breakins) in the area. I have to imagine it's just unavoidable in certain areas but I'd like to do whatever I can to not be a victim in the first place and selecting a safe part of town is high on the priorities.

I was hoping you guys might be able to recommend some places for me to live? I'm looking to rent an apartment for myself and my girlfriend. We're young professionals in our 20s looking to be somewhere near lots of bars/restaurants/nightlife and or outdoorsy fun.

Thanks everyone- I appreciate the input.
    Lynx Defense

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Biggest tip I can say is stay out of Jersey Village unless you want to pay a lot to have some busy body tell you how to run your life. I know there are people that have lived here longer than I have that I can help you more, but from what I've noticed, West Houston is better.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Go check out some apartments called stone canyon apartments. They are on jones and west. I cannot express enough how good those apartments are managed. The manager there Theresa is absolutely amazing. They arent the ritziest ones in the area, and their pricing structure can nickel and dime you. BUT there isn't an apartment manager who will do more to take care of you and help you. It's like having good neighbors. (another good thing is that it is on the same grid as a firehouse, so we got power back less than 48 hours after Ike blew through, and she had roofers on the roof Saturday by lunch. It was crazy). When we moved out (for work) my wife had basically ruined the carpet. And I expected a pretty significant bill, she worked it out where I got most of my deposit back...

She didn't have to.

I had another friend sign paperwork to move in, only to have work tell him that he was going to be out of the area. Literally signed papers at lunch, went back at dinner to get out of the lease. Their contract stipulates that they have to pay till it leases the apartment. Anyway, she ended up leasing it within the week, vs sitting on it, renting other units...

As far as that area the further out of town you get the nicer the homes and neighborhoods get. But find something close to work. As traffic in that area is, congested.

showtimelinh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Houston
    There are some nice apartments on Bunker Hill and I 10. It's right behind the big HEB. It's a great location, a couple of minutes to City Center, 10 mins to the Galleria and Washington areas. 15 to downtown.
    it's right off the beltway 8 also so it shouldn't take you too long to get out to Jersey Village

Hope that helps
    Linh

I forgot to mention, its down the street fromMemorial Shooting center, big plus for me

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    city center is nice if you were looking at midtown type. Where ever you choose make sure you're making an out of town trip in the morning to work. Houston traffic is not pretty as you've prol seen. Gessner Bunker Hill area is nice. Some decent condo/apt rentals around Gessner and Westheimer. Westchase is the area I live. I like it and close to everything

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    The Jersey Village area has a good suburban feel but is only 20 minutes from downtown Houston. I've only been here for a few years but I'd say the North side of Houston, north of the Beltway and between 290 and 45, are the best areas. And as far north as the Woodlands, of course. Stay away from the East Side (unless you really know the particular area), and DEFINITELY stay away from the South side. If at all possible. I live in the Memorial City area and am perfectly content living here.

Top Bottom