• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tondreagmech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2021
    Fort Worth to
    I’m looking to add a red dot to my Glock. Originally I was going to purchase a milled slide but I am having a hard time finding a gen 4 slide for a 17 that’s already cut, so I decided I was just have mine cut. I searched and a ton of companies came up. Anyone have any first hand recommendations for a place to have my slide cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Brownells has a slide cut for one for 150

Others go up from there.

That's gonna be cheaper than having it done.

Glock store starts at about 180 bucks and your looking at 2 to 3 weeks. If your lucky.

There are many place in DFW but none that cheap and most are looking at double that time frame. That I know of anyways.

I'm nobody but for stuff like this I always suggest it's always cheaper and quicker to buy one and have 2. T hff en again it's a Glock not a gun you have to keep original.

Good luck.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Others go up from there.

Glock store starts at about 180 bucks and your looking at 2 to 3 weeks. If your lucky.

There are many place in DFW but none that cheap and most are looking at double that time frame. That I know of anyways.

I'm nobody but for stuff like this I always suggest it's always cheaper and quicker to buy one and have 2. T hff en again it's a Glock not a gun you have to keep original.

Good luck.
    This right here

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Others go up from there.

Good luck.

This is the cheapest way to go for sho'

When I had my M&P cut for an optic, it also had to be refinished. The cut was cheap - $120 - but you pay another $100 for a refinish - so $220 plus tax.

This slide is only $159.99 + tax, and you get better cocking serrations.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I usually recommend just buying an already cut/finished slide since there are so many aftermarket mfgs now.

Except a lot of the available G4 stuff is really G3 internals; if it’s G4 perfection it’s not available.

Why doe Glock hate G4 so much?

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I usually recommend just buying an already cut/finished slide since there are so many aftermarket mfgs now.

Except a lot of the available G4 stuff is really G3 internals; if it’s G4 perfection it’s not available.

Why doe Glock hate G4 so much?

Because the 4th gen was less perfecter than the 5th gen, and the patents on 3rd gen perfection have run out, so its open for mass perfection. Maybe its 4th gen perfection protection?

Top Bottom