• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    weslaco
    ha anybody heard one of these go off? I am tempted, why I can't exactly say, but I am....anybody have any experience on this one?
    Lynx Defense

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Heck, there are lowers now that accept Glock magazines, bypassing the need for ghetto rigged uzi mags or anything else like that. Also, I've noticed some new Colt 9mm AR's (forget the model number) in stock at a few distributors for just over $1k, so figure out the door $1200-1300 for a good quality factory gun.

tad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    weslaco
    yeah its the integral suppression that drives the price up on ANY of them I guess what my real wonder was...how quiet are they?

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I have an Olympic arms carbine that takes Glock mags. It works 100% and there are no mods to the glock mags. I don't really have any need to chop it down. I like having a carbine with a can. How quiet is it? Very quiet for a carbine with bolt noise being a major factor. On a noisy street 50 yds away you wong here it. On a quiet evening the sound caries but sounds like an add mechsnical noise, car door slaming, etc.

tad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    weslaco
    on the red jacket I don't know, on my urbach 22 it in screws into 2 pieces and its a quick spray down and wipe

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    How does one clean the integrally suppressed part, most cans may be dis-assembled for cleaning?

You can take a 2"-3" threaded piece of pipe about 24" long. Screw a pipe cap on one end. Prop it in a corner with the rifle muzzle down inside it and fill with carb cleaner or solvent. Let sit overnight and then allow to drain. You can get a gal bucket of solvent at the home improvement store. Don't blow the solvent out with compressed air but allow to drain and evaporate.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I have an Olympic arms carbine that takes Glock mags. It works 100% and there are no mods to the glock mags. I don't really have any need to chop it down. I like having a carbine with a can. How quiet is it? Very quiet for a carbine with bolt noise being a major factor. On a noisy street 50 yds away you wong here it. On a quiet evening the sound caries but sounds like an add mechsnical noise, car door slaming, etc.

Sure would like to see some pics of that, Mr. Mikewood.

Top Bottom