• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    OK... so what about 'our' banks? How solvent are they? have you checked lately? ssdd everywhere, could happen anywhere... My family wonders why I just sit by the creek and watch the water go by alot these days. the fish aren't edible so I don't even bother with the rod anymore.

Reactions: gll

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    You need a minimum of three for the domino effect.
    How about four?

“Most banks are solvent under normal circumstances. The problem is, pretty much no bank can withstand a full bank run,” said Steve Sosnick, chief strategist at Interactive Brokers LLC. “The FDIC action removes the idea of a deposit bank run, but what we’re seeing is an investor bank run,” he added.

• First Republic Bank sank 79% for a record drop, sparking multiple halts for volatility
    • Western Alliance Bancorp lost 85%, its biggest drop ever

wakosama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    THIS....

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    3m9swdtt0lna1.jpg

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    First it was Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) a few days ago, NOW NY regulators are closing Signature Bank?

(WTF?)
    I could be way off, but as strange as this sounds, I’m kind of thinking that Signature bank was sacrificed in an attempt to to build confidence in the banking system/government.

wakosama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    so where do you find the info on banks? for instance, where do you look to see how much of the bank's assets/deposits are currently loaned out?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Signature was big into financing crypto firms. Proably best to shut it down.

The bailout is political payback.

wakosama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Suisse has been in trouble for a long time. Signature Bank was a crypto exchange bank. SVB was in trouble several yrs before the run. What we, the public will never know is what caused the stampede! We do know, they were in 'good shape' per regulators, then tried to sell more stock, CEO sold his shares and then the stampede started. Selling bonds at a loss takes time. You don't set up a stock sale in a day! Loose lips sink ships and there is an event that starts the stampede. My swag, somebody big pulled a lot of coin out, probably to cover loss in crypto. You don't just wake up some day and find you have no reserve cash!
    But yes, Ol Yeller is lying, taxpayers provide the coin for FDIC funds, from deposits, not bank profits.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Suisse has been in trouble for a long time. Signature Bank was a crypto exchange bank. SVB was in trouble several yrs before the run. What we, the public will never know is what caused the stampede! We do know, they were in 'good shape' per regulators, then tried to sell more stock, CEO sold his shares and then the stampede started. Selling bonds at a loss takes time. You don't set up a stock sale in a day! Loose lips sink ships and there is an event that starts the stampede. My swag, somebody big pulled a lot of coin out, probably to cover loss in crypto. You don't just wake up some day and find you have no reserve cash!
    But yes, Ol Yeller is lying, taxpayers provide the coin for FDIC funds, from deposits, not bank profits.
    The stampede started on Twitter after they failed to raise money to cover their realized losses.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    .... My swag, somebody big pulled a lot of coin out, probably to cover loss in crypto. You don't just wake up some day and find you have no reserve cash!
    My swag - is this was a well planned event, to inevitably weaken downstream regional banks, to further lay groundwork for CBDC. Tinfoil hat not included.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Joe says thanks to his administration no depositer will lose their money. Really, safeguard's were put in place long before his administration.
    With the normal "safegaurds", certain depositors are supposed to lose their money. What his admin is doing is plundering FDIC to benefit accounts that aren't normally insured by it.

What happens when FDIC is empty and the regular folks it's supposed to insure are assed out? Y'all ready for FedCoin™?

wakosama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Kudos to anyone who got their money out ahead of time.

Barney Frank - rather ironic.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    With the normal "safegaurds", certain depositors are supposed to lose their money. What his admin is doing is plundering FDIC to benefit accounts that aren't normally insured by it.

What happens when FDIC is empty and the regular folks it's supposed to insure are assed out? Y'all ready for FedCoin™?
    I think there is a lot of confusion about this. There is a very high probability that all of the depositors will be repaid from the banks assets. People are getting worked up about nothing.

Top Bottom