• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jemplayer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I have a griptillian also and love it.

I have the straight edge. I love the way it's made with the pin you slid back to close the blade. Makes it real easy to open and close with one hand.

I will say that while you can put a good edge on it, it dosen't hold it for very long. I am always honing it. Not really a pain unless you dont know how to sharpen a knife
    Gun Zone Deals

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    I have a griptillian also and love it.

I have the straight edge. I love the way it's made with the pin you slid back to close the blade. Makes it real easy to open and close with one hand.

I will say that while you can put a good edge on it, it dosen't hold it for very long. I am always honing it. Not really a pain unless you dont know how to sharpen a knife

i have the same knife. ive had it since february and its seen quite a bit of use and it just now needs to be sharpened. i think im gonna end up sending it back to benchmade and have them do it.

i also have a Spyderco Atlantic Salt and it is razor sharp. its my second favorite next to the benchmade

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    One thing I found out, after reading on their website, that Benchmade does not sharpen serrated blades. They will sharpen the straight edge but leave the serrations alone. Kind of dumb if you ask me. Oh well.

I just ordered the Griptillian with D2 steel and straight edge. Cabelas is the only people who get it. Dealer exclusive. So when I get a chance I will order the mini with a D2 straight blade and then sell my current griptillian.

Stag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Spring, TX (HoustonMetro)
    Right now I am carrying the Spyderco Para-military. Its the D2 version. I like D2. Its a little harder to get the edge.. once its there.. its hold for a little while.

My D2 has had a little surface rust , the sweat and humidity probably caused it.

My next knife , will be stainless.. S30V or VG10.

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    I've been carrying a small Kershaw for sometime now. Still sharp as the day I got it, and I use it daily. I've been looking into getting an Emerson, but they are a little pricey.
    Any opinions out there on them??

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have beat the living snot out of my Emerson CQC-7BW over the last three years and it just asks for more.....

Bringer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    San Marcos
    Right now my main carry knife is a Benchmade Rukus. Pretty beefy knife for everyday use but I like it myself.

Carried a Spyderco Dyad for about ten years but finally put it aside for the Benchmade.

IMO either brand has good knives to choose from that offer a variety of uses.

shellshook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Austin
    I prefer three blades because of my electronics and mechanicing. I use one for my "wire stripping" blade, etc. I have been carrying an Old Timer in carbon steel for years and recently bought a Gerber lockblade SS stockman.
    [URL]http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=541922&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=18708[/URL]

The SS does not hold an edge as well as the carbon steel and IMHO doesn't sharpen as easily or as sharp or stay that way. I do like the lockblade so it doesn't fold up on you. ;)

I found it at Academy. ~$32

The stag handle is cool, too.

hard shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    bertram
    carry a s.r.k. and hand made fixed blade that has seen more deer skins than i can count easy to sharpen and keeps a very sharp edge the s.r.k.
    is sharpen with lanskey sharpening system i have cut down small trees with it still sharp enogh to skin out deer with no problem

Top Bottom