Guns International

Reloaded ammunition available in Kyle! (Parabellum Research)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoot&Reload

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2016
    Austin
    For years I’ve been looking for affordable pistol ammo resources, and just yesterday I found one LOCALLY! Typically, people (myself included) reload exclusively for accurate rifle calibers, so this is a GREAT resource for getting your pistol shooting fix on a budget.

After placing an order yesterday around 10:00am, it was available for local pick up by 1:00PM. I had stupid meetings all day so I wasn't able to pick it up, but they told me today would be fine. I'll let y'all know how it all shoots after a quick range trip to Red's (possibly today).

If any of y'all have already shot their ammo, I'd like to know how it performed. Please and thank you.

Here's their link:

https://www.pbrammo.com/catalog/perfect-practice-ammunition™
    Guns International

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'd be interested in hearing more about them. I know they're a small place, but I left them several phone calls for an FFL transfer (they are cheap on that) and never got a call back. Kinda soured me on them.

Shoot&Reload

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2016
    Austin
    I read their "Contact Us" section, and it said they have no designated secretary. Email seems to be the preferred method of communication. They replied to my email in less than 20 minutes (probably sent from their cell phone). Central Texas Gun Works does FFL for $15 with CHL or $20 without CHL. They're off south 1st street and 290. Those guys are real quick to contact the seller, so you get your gun shipped that much faster.

This is their FFL form:

https://centraltexasgunworks.com/ffltransfers

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Thanks for the info. I read that too in their "Contact Us" section. It wasn't that big of a deal, I'd try them again because they are pretty close to me. Let us know how that ammo shoots.

Shoot&Reload

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2016
    Austin
    Sorry for the delay. Got super busy with out of town family (which is why I'm looking for affordable bulk ammo). Anyways... The .45ACP 230gn shot great. Surpisingly clean and accurate. Shot it out of a 1911. Forgot to take pictures, but they all grouped within 3-4" circle at 15-20yds unsupported (I'm an average shot). Just wanted to put some info out there on the ammo. I'm going to try out the 9mm this Wednesday morning at Lone Star. I'll post how they performed as well.

tmperez

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    Austin Tx
    These guys are great. Anthony actually taught me how to reload! (I think I actually met him on there) he was nice enough to invite me down there on a Saturday and go though the whole process for a couple of hours. I have purchased a bunch of ammo from them and never had a problem.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    It is nice to support local businesses. However, based on their web page they are about 25% more expensive for re-loaded ammo than buying new from Walmart or local gun range for new Winchester or Federal.

Top Bottom