Reloading Teminology

noylj

Jun 18, 2011
arizona
From the Sticky: COAL - "Case OverAll Length", meaning the measure of the spent brass case from end to end, lengthwise.

NO, it is COL "Cartridge Overall Length"

DubiousDan

TGT Addict
May 22, 2010
San Antonio
COAL is the length of a properly trimmed case, from it's base to the tip of the projectile.
Cartridge Over All Length, from it's base to the tip of the projectile (or just Over All Length) VS Trim to Length meaning the measure of the spent brass case from end to end, lengthwise.

shortround

TGT Addict
Jan 24, 2011
Grid 0409
It could also be that the angle of the dangle is equivalent to the square of the hair.

Or, I shot a round into the air, where it lands I know not where. Flock it, take another shot.

TexMex247

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
May 11, 2009
Leander(NW Austin)
...half past a monkey's ass a quarter from it's balls. COL=overall length of a completed live round. Typically shown as a minimum spec. in relation to maximum powder charge. It does not dictate what is gonna be most accurate in your gun, just what minimal length is considered safe based on a maxed out powder charge. Generally never a consideration when working below a maximum charges.

DubiousDan

TGT Addict
May 22, 2010
San Antonio
That'd be "case length" or CL.
My Lyman manuals call it Trim-to Length while my Hornady manuals call it "Case Trim Length" but my Speer manuals don't call it anything, it just has a pic with dimensions. I'm sure another source might call it case Length, take your pick.

Top Bottom