• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Just a reminder that a handful of us shoot Handguns and some 50 yard rifle stuff at Elm Fork @9:30am on the Last Sunday of the month. Thats this coming Sunday (1/29). We are also trying to get traction on a shotgun event on the 2nd to the last Sunday of the month.

All are welcome.
    Gun Zone Deals

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    In that area there are hotels and then there are hotels. The only one I could recommend that doesn't rent by the hour (if you know what I mean) is the Renaisance or however it is spelled.

Elm Fork Shooting Park is located West of I35W off Northwest Highway. Go west on Northwest Highway then North on Luna Road about 300 yards and then left.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    In that area there are hotels and then there are hotels. The only one I could recommend that doesn't rent by the hour (if you know what I mean) is the Renaisance or however it is spelled.

Elm Fork Shooting Park is located West of I35W off Northwest Highway. Go west on Northwest Highway then North on Luna Road about 300 yards and then left.

It's west of I35E not W

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Its right by DFW...there are a billion hotels, unfortunately I only know that the one we stayed in in Irving was gross and I don't remember what it was...Omni maybe?

Hope someone else can come up with a good recommendation.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I hear you. I can't make the monthly "heathen shoot" because its always on a Sunday morning We got mass and religious ed for the kids on Sunday AMs.

LOL @ "heathen shoot"

1) Can't you go to church later in the day?
    2) Isn't there a Saturday Night mass?
    3) Its only 1 day a month, skip it and repent?
    4) WWJD?

gunschurch.jpg

jesus_with_rifle.jpg

(The above was done purely in fun, if anyone is offended, PM me and I'll remove the images)

IF you'd come on a regular basis and the ONLY thing is the Sunday issue, let me know. Maybe we could get enough interest to change it or add a 2nd one on like the 2nd Saturday of each month...

heathens...lol

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I thought y'all might like "heathen shoot."

Yeah, there's a ton of mass options if we didn't have everything else going on. The kids have sunday school at 9 every week, and my oldest daughter is doing her first communion this year. Plus, there's meeting up with grandma and Aunts/Uncles/cousins at church and lunch. It's an all morning thing every week, but it's nice to have.

I'm up for an occasional Saturday. I may have to practice some more first. I usually make it a rule to shoot with people who are newbies or suck so I feel better about myself

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    FYI When you enter Elm Fork Range, go left at the "Y". (Right is for shotguns) We will be in the handgun bays about 2/3 down on the right in between like the 100 yard rifle and the Old West looking steel plate section.

Top Bottom