• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain HardHead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    I am wanting to sell my super duper deer rifle that a good friend talked me into buying a while back. It has never been fired.
    Included with the rifle is the weaver 4X scope, 2 boxes of shells and the plastic case. All for $750.00

~~
    Guns International

Attachments

• 280-2.jpg
      280-2.jpg
      22.5 KB · Views: 112

Captain HardHead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    I have no idea on what year. Is there a way to tell?

I have no need for the shells so they can go no matter what. I could remove the scope and mounts, but it won't change the price very much. It was bought new and never fired.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    The easiest way is to call Remington and give them the serial number. They will tell you the month and year when it was made. What guys are trying to determine is what kind of safety the rifle has. For a couple of years Remington made rifles with a really funky safety lever. I was interested in your rifle until I figured out where you live. A trip down and back would be a long haul for an old guy like me. If no one makes an offer you like, contact me. Maybe we can work something out.

Captain HardHead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    I found similar sites. The gun is a lot newer than when those codes were used. Thanks though. It looks like for this gun I will have to call Remington. BTW the s/n is D6584739

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I recently bought a used Remington 700 Varmit rifle. I called Remington and gave them the serial number. The Customer Service person took a minute and then told me the month and year the rifle was made.

Captain HardHead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Called Remington. They referred to it as a Mountain Rifle and it was manufactured 1st quarter 2000. Hope that helps.
    Did I mentioned it has never been fired. ;)

Top Bottom