• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • suhsjake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    I have a Remington 870 with 18.5" Barrel, 2 Shell Extension, and Knoxx Tactical Stock.

I am looking for a barrel/magazine clamp that has picatinny rail(s) on the side for Sling mount and flashlight. Mesa Tactical makes a nice one but at $60, I find it out of my price range.

Secondly, my 870 has the receiver pretapped at the factory for a picitinny or weaver rail. The only problem that I have not been able to find one that isn't $30+. Was looking at getting a Primary Arms M3 or Microdot.

Finally, I am looking for a good side saddle for it. Mesa is out of the question due to price.

I am pretty sure I covered the main internal upgrades with new follower and tube spring.

Jake
    Military Camp

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    1: $30 for a rail isn't bad. Deal with it. Anything cheaper is either going to be cheap die cast or plastic.

2: This looks like the best flashlight mount design for your money. I haven't handled one yet, but people whose opinion I trust give it high marks. Elzetta ZSM Tacitcal Shotgun Flashlight Mount FAQ Unfortunately, it doesn't incorporate a sling mount. Does your +2 tube have one on the support? If not, this would work, just put it under the barrel nut: Sling Mount Plate | Side | Rem. 870-Wilson Combat

3: Cheap side saddles are cheap. I've got a TacStar that goes for about $20 online, but I know that it's going to wind up dropping shells later in its life. I mostly got it as a placeholder so that I could find out what I liked/disliked before spending big bucks on the good stuff. When it starts to fail, I'm going to upgrade to something quality like Mesa or the Vang Comp velcro carrier, and already wish I'd done it from the beginning. World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

My point is that if you're sure of what you want, don't cheap out. Go with quality components from the beginning or you will regret it later.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I agree with M. Sage. Spend some cash to get the good stuff. Is the fact that you saved $20 really going to matter next month, much less after that?

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    just get a shell sleeve and call it a day cost about 10 bucks at academy
    also for rails look at airsoft websites
    i bought a pack of 6 of 3 different length aluminum picatinny rails for like 15 bucks after shipping. they are perfect size and very durable have used them on many custom mounts in the past few years

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Zip ties and duct tape are cheep and can be upgraded later....................

Don't forget hose clamps!

I actually have the tape switch for the light on my M4 zip tied to the hand guard. It works, it was cheap and I can experiment to find the right configuration before I permanently install the "real" stuff. ... if I ever install the "real" stuff.

If it works, it works and I won't knock it because it's cheap. I'm not an elitist by any means. It's just that a lot of the cheaper stuff isn't worth buying in the first place because it's too cheap.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    My 870 has the Mesa side saddle on it and I gotta tell you, it's worth the price. Very, very nice product.

This. I bought a Tacstar saddle for my 870. It was great until I took a class where I actually used it. The thing busted and fell apart. I switched to a Mesa and the product is clearly superior. The saying goes "Buy once, Cry once" I use this adage whenever possible.

Top Bottom