Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This rifle is missing the box and paperwork but it's otherwise new and unfired. I bought it at the Oshman's in Wonderland Mall in San Antonio ~45 years ago. Then I put in a gun sock, put it behind all my other rifles and shotguns, and promptly forgot about it. I'm not even sure why I bought it except, maybe, just maybe, it was because Col. Cooper had started talking about his scout rifle concept and I was an easily impressionable youth.

It's chambered in .308.

I hope the pictures speak for themselves. As always, if you need more, see the standard disclaimer BS I put at the bottom of every ad.

Also, I apologize about the price. I've gone looking for comparables and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why these particular cut-rate (at the time) rifles have gotten so spendy. I just saw a duplicate of this rifle sell for (once you add in shipping and such) over $900. That's too much. Nevertheless, I'm open to trying to connect with someone who really wants one. I know I've overpaid for guns that I've been looking for for a long time so maybe I'll get lucky and some of that vibe will infuse itself into this sale.

$800

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail11.jpeg

thumbnail2.jpeg

thumbnail4.jpeg

thumbnail3.jpeg

thumbnail9.jpeg

thumbnail12.jpeg

thumbnail8.jpeg

thumbnail13.jpeg

That last picture is a little off because it was underexposed. I had to lighten it so you could see the "Mohawk 600" on the receiver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conditions, provisos, and other language designed to cover my butt -

I can take more pictures for anyone who needs them to make a decision. Just let me know what spot(s) you want me to focus on.

Questions in this thread or by PM are welcome though I may not reply promptly.

The person who commits to buy it has every right to inspect it at delivery and nix the deal; I would not be in the least offended. I will not re-negotiate the price at delivery but I don't mind completely unwinding the deal and taking the rifle back home.

First "I'll take it" in this thread, followed up promptly with a PM to discuss particulars, gets it.

A note to help prevent disappointment: The first "I'll take it" in this thread means exactly that. If you think you want something but are only 90% sure, you can send me a question or post it here. But if I'm away from the computer for 2 hours and someone else jumps in here and posts "I'll take it" before you do, they get the gun, not you. That's disappointing to a potential buyer and I don't like it when it happens. To prevent that scenario, if you're 90% sure you want something, go ahead and post:
    I'll take it...

...conditional on the question I'm sending you. PM inbound.
    Other folks can also post "I'll take it if the deal above me falls through." I have no problem keeping track of multiple potential buyers as long as they get in line in a single publicly visible place. In the past, people have created animosity/drama by accepting offers through multiple sources, e.g. in the thread or PMs or email or a phone call or a text, etc. That method has the potential for lots of hurt feelings because multiple people believe they are first in line. I am completely intolerant of creating even the slightest impression that a sale is, in any way, less than above board.

This thread, using the "I'll take it" language, is the place to commit to the purchase. Nowhere else.

I won't post anything for sale here that's also listed elsewhere. If I feel this won't sell here, I'll close the ad before listing it elsewhere.

I'm in Spring, north of Houston. If you're willing to meet me halfway, I'm willing to drive to meet you in a public place to make the sale within ~50 miles.

Terms are cash only, daytime only, F2F only (no shipping), and no trades. A quick look at your LTC is preferred but a TDL works, too. I won't try to copy the info. I hope I don't have to ask and that you'll volunteer that you are NOT a prohibited person.

Since I'm not in the business of selling guns, I will not do a bill of sale nor will I do a "bill of transfer." :)
    Gun Zone Deals

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Delivered without a hitch. It was a completely friction-free transaction with skfullgun. Do business with him in confidence.

Steve, my offer at the end, as we were shaking hands, still stands.

I suggest you disassemble the bolt and give it a good cleaning. (Hosing it out with Ballistol or something similar would probably work just as well. :) ) Whatever Remington used as a rust preventative 45 years ago has made the bolt lift a little gummy.

Also, let me know when you get it home and have a chance to look down the bore under better light. It looks brand new to me and I'd like to know if you agree.

Thread locked.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom