• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    I brought one home today from layaway at the pawn shop. Total price OTD is $150.

It is the Apache Black model.

Anyone have one? Like em? I dated it at Oct 1971. I really love old guns.

Guns International

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I have the brown model. I put a red dot scope on it and use to to shoot snakes and turtles on the pond.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Yes, I've had two of the brown, tube magazine 66's. They are great rifles and I deeply regret selling mine. From what I've seen in the Houston area, you bought it about $75 below the current market price. Prices of the 66's has gone out of sight in the last 2 years.

Don't be tempted to disassemble it. Just spray it down, blow it clean, re-oil and away you go! The receiver cover is just that...a cover. The bolt actually runs right in the nylon groove where the bolt handle runs. There's no metal there. Please don't attempt to remove it. It's the voice of experience here ...... Snicker.

Flash

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    The Remington Nylon 66 is an iconic gun. 1959 - 1991 with total production of more than 1,000,000.

The Remington Nylon 66

In 1959 over a period of 13 9 hour long days Champion Tom Frye of Remington Arms Company , using several Remington Nylon 66 semi-automatic .22 Long Rifle rifles, he hit 100,004 of the 100,010 blocks thrown in the air.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Yeah I have a number of the guns in a variety of stocks, actions, and barrel lengths. They are all a lot of fun to shoot. I recommend using copper jacketed ammo to prevent leading but you probably already know that. And do NOT try to disassemble the gun as Roger3414 stated. You will regret it for a long time. Don't ask me how I know this.....

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    YOU MEAN YOU COULD GET A .22 RIFLE FOR GREEN STAMPS? My mother had my sister and I licking those stamps and gluing them in those damned books forever! All we ever got to show for it were toasters and lamps and total crap. GRRRRR!

Flash

el oso

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    joshua, texas
    My dad got me one out at Alpine shooting range back in 1978. I was 9 years old and thought i was the luckiest boy on earth. I must have run a million rounds through that thing. I traded it for an alpine stereo for my truck when I was 16. I still hate my self for that.

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    My dad got me one out at Alpine shooting range back in 1978. I was 9 years old and thought i was the luckiest boy on earth. I must have run a million rounds through that thing. I traded it for an alpine stereo for my truck when I was 16. I still hate my self for that.

Gosh, how much is that Alpine stereo worth now?

Ric_Knight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    San Marcos
    FIE, an out of business importer, carried an Italian copy for a few years in the '80s. It was almost as good. If I can find an original one I might just pick it up.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    All it takes is a little skill and a lot of patience.

A colleague who does not know much about weapons got one from his dad's estate and asked me to check it out. I believe it was a late 70s model and I do not believe it had ever been cleaned. It was pretty nasty so I ran the Bore-Snake through it a half-dozen times followed by a patch and took it to the range. I had FTE issues about every 5 rounds with the two tubes of CCI Mini-Mags I loaded. I disassembled it all the way down (disassembling and removing the extractor was the most difficult), cleaned the metal parts with powder-blast and elbow grease and lubed with a light wipe of Remington Gun Oil with Teflon, cleaned the plastic using Hoppes, wiped it all down and lubed the bolt assembly and plastic guide with Birchwood Dry-Moly. Reassembled with no problems or extra/missing parts and back to the range. Put a box of Mini-Mags through it with no issues. Sweet and accurate, fine weapon.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Disassembly is nothing. Reassembly is another matter. Several YouTube videos and the AGI series DVD is a big help. Just keep track of parts and be patient.

Top Bottom