• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    My Room
    First time I've seen this on the shelf and only one box for $25 so I grabbed it without knowing anything about it. I've bought all my ammo there and it's usually Federal Champion 115 gr FMJ or Remington UMC 115 gr FMJ which were good stuff.

Went to the range and shot 75 of these UMC HPs. There was something not consistent about the power of the loads. Some popped harder than others. So weird.

How about you guys, shot any?

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    measure the length as I got hold of a box of RemingtonUMC 9mm once that was 3mm shorter than my other box's
    of monarch and WWB .
    If the bullet is set back to far in the case it can cause higher pressures.
    I don't shoot any Remington anymore.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    I've shot UMC in my AR a couple years ago. I know different caliber. Upon chambering one time the bullet set back so far it caused a failure to feed. Another round from the same box I managed to pull a bullet with my bare hands.

Other people have noticed this too with other calibers. I guess the crimp is kinda weak. I've also noticed it's a little more expensive than WWB too.

wgsigs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    DFW
    I apologize for the hijack, but WWB was mentioned and on my last visit to WalMart, I saw boxes of 100 WWB in either .45 or .40, I can't remember, that did not have "USA" on the box that I could see. Are these imported, or is it just a change in packaging graphics?

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    Had the exact same problem with the Remi's but in the .45 HP. Didn't buy it again.

Top Bottom