• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dragunov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Burnet County TX
    I spent a few miserable years living not far from Ilion, NY. I've been to the Remington factory museum (which is pretty cool), met a factory shooter, and spent time shooting and talking with retired machinists from the factory (who belonged to the gun club with me).

First, people in NY have a VERY skewed view of the rest of the United States. I had a neighbor who worked for GM and they were closing his plant. I said it was a shame he couldn't get transferred to the (then thriving) Saturn plant in Tennessee. He told me that they offered him a job there, but he wouldn't go because he wanted his kids to learn to read and write. Yes, he was totally serious. A number of people asked me if I belonged to the KKK because they had always heard that everybody in the South was a member. Again, they were totally serious.

Second, what the factory people fear is that the company will move but NOT move the workers. NY has driven out a LOT of businesses and several that I was familiar with while I worked there did exactly that; they moved the equipment and hired new people (esp. non-union people).

The amount of collective brain damage in that state is truly mind boggling. I met a lot of good people - esp. at the gun club - but many people accept the BS delivered by the LSM and politicians as fact.
    Then perhaps the sheeple there should be a little more careful whom they put into office. There is a big lot here in Marble Falls TX that the Remington plant is more than welcome to move to.
    Target Sports

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Here's what Barrett told their sorry asses:

A STATEMENT FROM RONNIE BARRETT:

Barrett’s Position Regarding the Assault on Liberty
    February 20, 2013

... Barrett opposes those who are illegally disarming the American public from their efficient arms and creating superior armed elitist government agencies.

Elected state officials of New York, having been sworn to protect our Constitution, have instead committed an offense against it and their citizens by stripping inalienable rights duly protected and guaranteed under the Second Amendment. By their deliberate and sinister actions, these officials now cause their state and local policing agencies to enforce these unconstitutional and illegal so called “laws”.

By current law, Barrett cannot be an accomplice with any lawbreaker, therefore, cannot and will not service or sell to New York government agencies. Barrett also applies this stance to the individual elected official who, as a matter of public record, has voted for or created regulation that violates the constitutional rights of their citizens. This is an expansion of our 2002 ban against the California government due to their second amendment infringements, and shall apply to any future violators.

In the course of world history there have been officials that strip inalienable rights from the people that were given to all by our Creator. Most of these officials inevitably come to trial, some do not.

Intentionally violating constitutional rights by officials that have sworn to uphold them should have severe prison sentences.

With the clear vision of horrible events in history repeating itself, all manufacturers of firearms or related equipment remaining in partnership with such violators should have a respectable fear of being found with the guilty on their day of trial.

During this era of assault on liberty, Barrett will remain steadfast in our efforts to serve law-abiding citizens of all fifty states, and stands together with you in the struggles we will fight and win.

Ronnie Barrett
    Chairman and CEO

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I don't understand how this is even close to crossing the line... That is like being mad that your boss is offering you more pay, less headache and a better work environment...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Anyone who gives tax moneys to an anti 2A state is anti 2A themselves! Screw Remington...

That said, I just recently paid my property tax in CO :mad:

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    He can be butt hurt all he wants he doesn't own the company freedom group does and remington is actually up for sale. If freedom group decides they want to move the plant it's their decision not his.

Sent from my toaster using secret alien technology.

Top Bottom