• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Dude every time you post that gun, I get a little chub. Makes me feel super retarded for selling my P-01 off!
    if we didnt make mistakes we wouldnt be human, love my P01 and it will be worked on more.

More crap hanging off is just more trouble. I like LazerGrrips. Smooth so nothing to get hung up. Lazer dot has been enough to de-escalate situations that would have been "uncomfortable".
    the Surefire X300 light has good lumen and candela and acts as a standoff device, plus a good holster will make snagging a non-issue, and the red dot sight allows for quick target acquisition from the draw and can allow for finer aim if needed. this is the gun I carry every day.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    My astigmatism is in my dominan5 eye. It causes a red dot to elongate (which bugs me) but doesn’t prevent me from hitting with iron sights.

Reactions: MTA

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I did.
    Tried the red dot thing for a while.
    Seemed like there was always something that needed fixing.
    Finally said to heck with it. Went back to irons.
    K.I.S.S.
    What dots were you using?

I accept that we should change batteries each year, but I am bad about going a couple years. I have the same dot (Swamp Fox Sentinel) mounted on the same carry gun since 2018 and have never had to taught it. It gets shot at least 6 times per year.

Not calling you on it, just saying a quality red dot properly mounted is pretty trouble free these days.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    What dots were you using?

I accept that we should change batteries each year, but I am bad about going a couple years. I have the same dot (Swamp Fox Sentinel) mounted on the same carry gun since 2018 and have never had to re sight it. It gets shot at least 6 times per year.

Not calling you on it, just saying a quality red dot properly mounted is pretty trouble free these days.
    Sorry for the typo

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Thanks. Understand now.

There was a time when it was the shooting sports gamers (USSPA, IPSC, etc.) who were the predominant users of red dots, and they did figure out that they are the way to go…and red dots evolved from there.

No different than shooting styles. Back in the leather slap days, Randy Weaver started a trend that improved greatly on the old FBI one hand blade stance. Now we mostly use a modified isosceles stance, again largely because gamers found a better way to shoot faster and accurate.

I don’t know much about FPS video games…

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks. Understand now.

There was a time when it was the shooting sports gamers (USSPA, IPSC, etc.) who were the predominant users of red dots, and they did figure out that they are the way to go…and red dots evolved from there.

No different than shooting styles. Back in the leather slap days, Randy Weaver started a trend that improved greatly on the old FBI one hand blade stance. Now we mostly use a modified isosceles stance, again largely because gamers found a better way to shoot faster and accurate.

I don’t know much about FPS video games…

Jack Weaver. thx for the laugh.

Two Gun Bob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    DFW
    I can say that without my glasses, iron sights are probably worse than a brass shotgun bead at anything over 5 yards, while the various reticles I've played with I can at least get minute of hubcap across the room.

With my glasses however, iron sights are still just as worthless but both reticle and target are crystal clear even to 100+ yards. The only downside I've experienced so far is target acquisition time and that's a fun little challenge I'm working on now.

Two Gun Bob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    DFW
    Consider the following, I have pretty bad astigmatism and I can effectively use a dot better than I can any of my iron sighted pistols.
    Using a CZ is cheating though. Hell I close my eyes if I shoot a CZ because I actually get better accuracy that way. I hear you can shoot skeet with their shotguns and not even need to load them. Just think if CZ built cars. Energy crisis solved, amiright?

Top Bottom