• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    when are they going to do away with renewals all together?

Who knows? All I know is that I'll take each little victory as we can get it - 20 years ago, you couldn't GET a permit in this state - and every encounter with an LEO on the road subjected you to a very real possibility that you could face weapons charges. In the 1960's, the anti-gunners started their campaign to deny us our gun rights, and celebrated every little step they won. We need to remember their patience, and exhibit our own as we push the pendulum back!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Who knows? All I know is that I'll take each little victory as we can get it - 20 years ago, you couldn't GET a permit in this state - and every encounter with an LEO on the road subjected you to a very real possibility that you could face weapons charges. In the 1960's, the anti-gunners started their campaign to deny us our gun rights, and celebrated every little step they won. We need to remember their patience, and exhibit our own as we push the pendulum back!
    +10

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Great News for two reasons ! The local SO charges $20 or $25 bucks to fingerprint you, no more with the messy ink, though, digitally now and us oldtimers mugs get looking worse as the years go by so no breaking the cameras ! I also hear they figured out how to speed up things and trim the backlog....Hooray ! Ooh Rah ! Thanks, DPS, "Gracias" !

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    You've gotta love it when they do things like this. Personally, I think it's great, but their method of disseminating information sucks! We instructors have to hear everything though the grapevine. At our last instructor renewal, I asked why they couldn't set up an email notification system for instructors. The woman basically told me to sit down and shut up, and check the website for updates. Unfortunately, they're horrible about posting updates in a timely manner.

Top Bottom