• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm looking to rent a small home or large apartment in San Antonio. I'll have a room mate, and I do have a dog, so I'd prefer a home. Price I'm looking for is around $800 at the top end.

I've been looking at Craigslist, but am getting frustrated with it because the emails I've sent out have resulted in no answer except the two scammers trying to get my personal info ("before we meet, I need you to go to this site and get a credit report" and "please fill out an application so we can show you the property").
    ARJ Defense ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I can understand the apps - but not via the net. Just as they wanna know YOU are real, YOU need to know that THEY are! Go to the area you're lookin' in, find a RE office, and walk in and ask if they have anything. If they don't, they'll likely have an agent willing to spend some time w/you to help you find something, or can refer you to someone that will.
    Sidebar #1 - bear in mind that you're usually looking at rent being about 1% of the houses' market value, so finding something decent at $800 in that area might be a challenge (that you'd wanna live in).
    Sidebar #2 - remember that there's not much $$ in a rental fee, so don't run the realtor ragged. Too often I've seen folks run 'em all over the place, then spot something and call the listing agent and screw the other poor sap out of a commission. While not illegal, it's certainly not fair IMO - and it's one of the reasons so few realtors like to mess w/it.
    Good luck!!!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I just talked to my room mate. We're opening it up to $1000, which should give us a lot more options. I'm just trying not to over-extend myself (and him), and I'd like to have some spare money to put away to actually buy a house.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I just talked to my room mate. We're opening it up to $1000, which should give us a lot more options. I'm just trying not to over-extend myself (and him), and I'd like to have some spare money to put away to actually buy a house.

Probably a good move....should expand your options quite a bit.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Just saying that the medical center area has a heck of a lot of apartment and smallish houses. Some places nice, some not.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Just found one on the north east side, really close to Judson High. 3 beds, 2 1/2 baths, 1600 SF with a decent yard (I have a dog).

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hey M. Sage, There is a house up the street from me, 2 story, with yard, 2 car. Would have to get the number for it later to see the rent, but I know the 2 rentals next to me go for about $1000

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Heck!! I'd be your neighbor more or less.. That's what I love about this forum..

Looks like a Cedar Ridge Range Day??????? :)

Haha, I just tried shooting there today, but i couldn't make it before they closed. Bummer.

I'd go to Bracken before Cedar Ridge, especially if I get this house. Much closer, even if it's not any more friendly.

Top Bottom