download (34).jpeg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I’m an old 1911 .45ACP guy; but please try to shoot a G21 b/f you buy anything.

It is so easy to shoot, the recoil is distributed over time.

I carried mine briefly, but it’s just too big & bulky. For a home gun, it is ideal.

leVieux

<>

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Not great for slashing, though. The gladius was a stabbing and parrying weapon, meant to fight between shields in tight formation. A good claymore will slice clean through any intruder...and his armor...and his horse...

The gladius was an excellent CQB sword, as most Roman wars were fought at close range. It translates well to indoor fights. A claymore needs room to maneuver....unless you plan to half-sword your way through a fight.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The gladius was an excellent CQB sword, as most Roman wars were fought at close range. It translates well to indoor fights. A claymore needs room to maneuver....unless you plan to half-sword your way through a fight.

Excellent, as long as you follow the Roman tactics - no slashes, all stabs. Which was quite effective if done right.

As for the claymore...it cares not for your puny walls or furniture. And you can stab from six feet away. Twice the range of a gladius.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    BTW, I did a little research. Later versions of the gladius had good slashing edges - they were also slightly longer than the earlier versions. The version pictured above is modeled after an early gladius - notice the transition to the point is a corner rather than a curve. But stabbing was still the preferred technique later on, too...when you weren't busy hacking legs off at the knee and such.

Top Bottom