• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    You've hit on a topic that I've got TONS of experience on!

These days, I find it harder and harder to find "satisfactory" customer service. I'm not looking for people to wipe my behind for me, but I do have a simple expectation that I will be attended to in a professional manner and given the full and courteous attention of whatever employee I'm dealing with. I'm particularly fond of accuracy and attention to detail when I order my food.
    I could care less if it's their first day and first MINUTE of employment - if they follow what I just said, and do their best to help me, then that is a-okay!

I don't quite know what it is these days that causes me to encounter horrendous customer service at every single turn, but that is indeed what's happening. I'm kinda glad to see this, so that I see I'm not the only one.
    Having worked retail before, ...having grown up in retail (family used to run business in San Marcos), I have always given the best service possible. And I've constantly received recognition for my customer service.
    So whenever I get bad service, I'm the flippin' customer from hell! AND a letter writer! Whatever member told you to write a letter hit the nail right on the head! The more people send these kinds of letters, the better service will get over time, because no CEO wants to recieve a boatload of letters every day telling him how crappy his employees are. ...except for maybe Cabela's, apparently.

One or two other things to hit on: Employees are generally required to answer the telephone when it rings by two or three rings, and have often been reprimended for not doing so, regardless if there's a customer in front of them. So, that's not the "call" of the poor guy behind the counter that answered that phone. You need to go after his boss (and even then, the crap's likely to roll downhill anyway, as many "managers" these days have no honor to begin with!).

Also, WalMart is not allowed to tell customers that they need to get out of a certain line if they have more items than they're supposed to. Again - that's a corporate issue, and not the call of the poor employee watching them do that and eyeing you nervously as you visbly begin to generate smoke from your ears.
    Capitol Armory ad

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    ... because no CEO wants to recieve a boatload of letters every day telling him how crappy his employees are. ...except for maybe Cabela's, apparently.

Never been there, just thought I'd repeat it cuz I've heard so many complaints.

When I have a customer service problem with someone and it's clearly because they are just 'following the rules', I make it a point to let them know my problem is with the rule and not the individual. It is nothing personal at all.

dickttx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I thought it was me.
    If there are five lines with ten people each, and I get in the one where I am next, the person has to have three price checks, can't find their checkbook/credit card, are on their cell phone, and I am the last person checked out.
    I've just started getting in the longest line and napping on my feet.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I'm not looking for people to wipe my behind for me

Don't believe him, I can show you some PMs.

If there are five lines with ten people each, and I get in the one where I am next, the person has to have three price checks, can't find their checkbook/credit card, are on their cell phone, and I am the last person checked out.

I thought is was only me. We should go shopping together and stand in different lines just to see who has it worse! I try to warn people that get in line after me, but they never listen.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    When the phone rings while I'm with a sales associate, I always give fair warning. "If you touch it, I'm out of here". When they pick up the phone, I turn around and leave.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I think its fair to answer the phone, state that you are with a customer, then put the phone call on hold. But to put the guy standing there "on hold" while you help the caller is bad.

Top Bottom