• ...and so much more!
  • RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Done deal! How does it shoot? Like an M4. :green: A much lighter M4 and also a little shorter, it feels really maneuverable. Definitely louder than an M4, but nothing like the howitzer blast of my shorty AK. I also didn't observe any fireballs so the flash hider seems to be working. Only drawback is I have to use a shell catcher when shooting at an indoor range as the spent casings get ejected to the rear due to it not having a shell deflector, same as my M16A1 clone. One more gun I can scratch off my want list.

Click on the photo to view full size.

aWslr5B.jpg

UnUmLDh.jpg

WYFryZF.jpg

9axe0pr.jpg

3typ7bz.jpg

ir3w044.jpg

0nCrX6K.jpg

2Hm62hs.jpg

ZLKDiwW.jpg

QUZR9Co.jpg

oPfC6xK.jpg

ZbROpf7.jpg

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Thanks for the thread. Your stuff, and attention to detail is out of my league, but I appreciate it. I loved your Star rebuild thread too.

Thanks! I learned by watching others, nothing here that the average gun enthusiast can't do themselves. Get those projects going guys, if they don't make it then make it yourself.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    A while back I bought a Colt 9mm SMG parts kit, but was told not to use it with my registered receiver as the SMG recoil impose is known to break standard hammer & pins in the lower. The parts kit included a Stainless Steel hammer & pins. While I pondered magazines & adapter my go to guy said just buy a Quarter Circle 10 lower.
    iKO3RoKl.jpg

I buy shit when I get depressed. After playing with this over at EZ-Es I decided I should get a Colt DOE clone upper. I ordered mine from Liemohn Manufacturing. It's half paid for with the second half before shipping. He is waiting on the hand guards to finish mine. While the carrying handle peeps are not the best for my old eyes I could hit 3 inch plates on a dueling tree at 40 yards while sitting.

Liemohn also makes a NFA moderator that I have long considered getting.

Last edited:

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    A while back I bought a Colt 9mm SMG parts kit, but was told not to use it with my registered receiver as the SMG recoil impose is known to break standard hammer & pins in the lower. The parts kit included a Stainless Steel hammer & pins. While I pondered magazines & adapter my go to guy said just buy a Quarter Circle 10 lower.
    iKO3RoKl.jpg

I buy shit when I get depressed. After playing with this over at EZ-Es I decided I should get a Colt DOE clone upper. I ordered mine from Liemohn Manufacturing. It's half paid for with the second half before shipping. He is waiting on the hand guards to finish mine. While the carrying handle peeps are not the best for my old eyes I could hit 3 inch plates on a dueling tree at 40 yards while sitting.

Liemohn also makes a NFA moderator that I have long considered getting.

A moderator would look awesome on that rig. I find I shoot better with the peep sights even though my eyes are getting old too.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    It would be interesting to see how that'd sound. From what I understand it just knocked down the bark of the shorter barrel. The fake moderator on my rifle actually does a good job at taming the blast and concussion. The report is almost indistinguishable from a standard M4. Full auto would be a different story I'm sure.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    It would be interesting to see how that'd sound. From what I understand it just knocked down the bark of the shorter barrel. The fake moderator on my rifle actually does a good job at taming the blast and concussion. The report is almost indistinguishable from a standard M4. Full auto would be a different story I'm sure.
    The main purpose was that it added back pressure. They hadn't quite figured out short gas systems by that point.

It also (supposedly) made the gun sound more like an M16 to hide the fact SF guys were running around.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    The main purpose was that it added back pressure. They hadn't quite figured out short gas systems by that point.

It also (supposedly) made the gun sound more like an M16 to hide the fact SF guys were running around

Ah, didn't think about the short gas system. I read about it changing the sound as well, supposedly it was to make it distinguishable from the bark of an AK.

Top Bottom