• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My friend Bonnie and I saw "Jersey Boys" at he Senior matinee ($5) today. The movie traces the development of Frankie Valli and the "Four Seasons" singing group in the 1960's.

Jersey Boys is a charming tale of friends who grew up on the streets in New Jersey and fought their way to the top of the music industry. They hit the top, suffered the pain of success which ultimately split them apart.

Growing up on the streets, they knew intimately, people of immense power from organizations that have no name. They weren't always law abiding and this movie contains one of the funniest burglaries that I've ever seen! If you can see this without busting a gut laughing, I'd be amazed! This movie is a trip!

What I was NOT prepared for was the "Time Machine" that this movie became for me. I graduated from high school in the city of Chicago in 1964 and grew up with the Four Seasons with Frankie Valli. I knew every note and every word of every song that they sang. Although the performances were not original, they were very close to authentic and extremely well done.

I grew up in Chicago EXACTLY like these kids! Their behavior was well known to me especially about the UMMMM .........politically incorrect activities the guys were into. It was almost like the movie took me back to 1960's Chicago!

The powerful people shown in the movie..........we all grew up together! Favors were like money. A favor accepted is a favor owed. Payback is "Vendetta". Payback will come today, tomorrow, next year .......but it will come! That's the way the street works. This movie took me right back home! Gotta admit, I cried in several places because I knew EXACTLY what those guys were feeling. It pulled stuff out of me that I hadn't felt in years.

What I liked:

I liked the whole flick from start to finish! Even for someone who didn't live that life or in that time period, the story of rags to riches is irresistible! The scratching, clawing, relentless quest for success and fulfillment of their dreams is a story worth seeing!

There were some really sad parts about death and breakups of long term friendships. That was hard to watch but it made the story real.

Clint Eastwood is the Director who did a fantastic job on this movie! He used a technique throughout the flick that is damned difficult to make work properly. The action on a scene would pause then one of the characters would turn and gave a narrative about what was happening or what was about to happen. Then, the narrator would turn back to the action in progress. It was a very effective way to tell this story.

This movie had it all from elation to despair and the sound track, performances, scenery, sets, costumes, cars and hairstyles were all correct. The real Frankie Valli was a technical adviser on this movie.

This movie had almost everything I like in a movie. It taught me a lot about something that I love anyway.

What I didn't like:

Honestly, I don't have a clue of how I'd change the movie. It was as close to perfect as a movie could be.

The breakup of relationships is always hard to watch.....but that's life and this is a movie about life.

There are plenty of "F" bombs.

Overall:

Sexual scenes were minimal. Violence was also minimal. There is nothing explicit or very graphic.

It passed my snooze test but Bonnie zonked out. It passed my "End" test. I hated to see the movie end!

The movie was just over two hours long. I gave it an A+ and so did Bonnie.

Jersey Boys is a must see! You will NOT regret sitting through this epic story!

Flash
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I listened to the 4 seasons throughout high school in Seguin. Mostly on KTSA and KONO, which were rock and roll stations back then. I'm looking forward to the movie.

Top Bottom