• ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Review Of The Movie "Mad Max- Fury Road"

I caught the movie "Mad Max- Fury Road" at the cheap Senior matinee yesterday. It was quite a ride!

We are all pretty familiar with the story of Mad Max who fights and plunders in our post Apocalypse world. There is no law, government and units of value include gasoline, water and curiously, mothers milk. Note that Human life is not on that list of valued items and, from the first frame, the message of how cheap Human life has become, is repeated over & over.

Mel Gibson is not with us on this trip but the story is the same: We have something of value and the bad guys are going to take it from us. Any notion of trading fair between groups become laughable. These guys do not play fair.

A huge, armored, tanker truck leaves its home port to trade with another group. The trip is long, dangerous in terrain and loaded with people who want to kill and steal from us. The entire movie is one fight after another as the group leaves a trail of broken, bleeding bodies for each mile traveled.

The non stop violence gets a bit old, but hey....That's the nature of "Mad Max" movies. Almost every minute of this flick centers around crushing the heads and breaking the bodies of the opposing forces!

I LOVED the ingenuity used in creating their vehicles, weapons, armor, and battle tactics! There is nothing more inspired than the Human ability to harm one another.

The pieced together cars, trucks and motorcycles were amazing! How did they think up all of these ingenious features?

Along the way, they picked up some really beautiful and normal looking babes who were visual treats amongst the ugly and twisted Human characters of the story. The ladies were beautiful and in stark contrast to the ugliness around them. The ladies were "grade A Prime!"

Language was clean, the flick was action packed, kept moving, and there was no sexual content (except one of the pretty ladies was very pregnant). Level of violence was off the scale but we expect that in a "Mad Max" story.

I got bored and a little annoyed at the non stop violence, but that's like jumping into a swimming pool and then complaining that you got wet! This Mad Max.............. Expect violence!

This flick is a rock 'em, sock 'em orgy of violence and mayhem. The story line is thin, but they fill in the gaps with stunts and tricks. If you're looking for two hours of mindless action where you won't need to figure out the plot, this is your flick!

I rated it an A-. It was fun and I saw some amazing things. The body count was outrageous.

Flash

Last edited:

rdb241

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2012
    Pacific Northwest
    I saw it opening night back in May. I had fun trying to identify the old junk cars and the guns they used. They used a SKS as a sniper rifle. I saw a couple of MP5K's and they even had an Uzi. Other than that, I would give it a C minus also. It was more of a girl power chick flick. It was a fast moving movie.

Top Bottom