• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I took off today to catch the movie "SAN ANDREAS" at the Senior cheap matinee. This was a NON 3D showing for a whole $5!

I came prepared to see California wiped off the map and I was not disappointed! The action begins at about the two minute mark and shows a daring, thrilling helicopter rescue. That was just a taste of what was to come!

It's not giving the plot away to say that the movie is about California being smashed by record busting Earthquakes. My Liberal smashing glee had to be reined back when I realized that tens of thousands of people were being killed.

If you want to see buildings crumpled by the dozens, close calls to the extreme and daring rescues by the minute, then this is the flick for you!

It was particularly interesting for me as I've been to Coit Tower, walked the Golden Gate bridge, drove the Bay bridges and toured the waterfront in the San Francisco area. Seeing the Golden Gate and Bay bridges collapse, gigantic tidal waves and the intricate highway interchanges smashed, was a trip!

Would you like to see Hoover Dam burst? This is your flick!

There were some really annoying aspects of the movie. The star whom I could call the BMSOB (Big Muscled SOB) gets misty when talking to his soon to be ex-wife while 1,500,000 people are being crushed to death just below the chopper. Sorry, but that just sucked.

Overuse of the terms "Oh my God!" and "Are you OK?" was sickening.

In the midst of all this chaos and carnage, with the entire city crushed and in flames, the Mom, Dad and the daughter with her friends find each other just in time. AWWW come on!

Special effects were stunning and I could see where it would be an advantage to see this flick in 3D. Buildings were falling all around the viewer and those things would be spectacular in 3D!

Language was not too bad except that the BMSOB said "GD" numerous times instead of the customary "F" bombs. I prefer the "F" bombs.

There was NO sexual content.

I stayed awake, it was pretty intense from start to finish but I was ready to leave when the credits rolled.

Dialog was at reasonable audio levels, but when the action became intense, they revved up the sound. I actually stuck my fingers in my ears! It felt like my ears were bleeding when I left!

My grade? A-. It was a pretty good ride!

Flash
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    As always, you give the best movie reviews ever.

I'll wait for it on DVD.

Thanks! I appreciate the positive feedback!

Tomorrowland wasn't a great experience and I reviewed it elsewhere in this section.

If things go as planned, I'll catch "Mad Max" today.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    While on the subject of the daughter, the director made several shots where the girl was bending forward which exposed her hooters. I believe that she is actually 29 years old so "leering" at the hooters isn't applicable.

Personally, I'm fed up with high maintenance, predatory women but they're still nice to look at!

Flash

Top Bottom