Venture Surplus ad

Review of the Movie: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Review of the Movie: 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi.

I saw the movie "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghanzi" today at the Senior Matinee. This flick is a tough call but I enjoyed it totally.

The movie title refers to contractors and spooks who were in country but off the books. Technically, they did not exist and were not in Libya at all.

If we review this movie as a story telling medium that is supposed to accurately advise the viewer about facts that occurred in this tragic series of events, this flick is a bomb! The events that I witnessed today pissed me off to the bone marrow. WHY did this circle jerk happen?

The movie showed:
    *Professional soldiers, Seals, Delta team members and contractors who were well trained and pretty well equipped.
    *The various groups had separate leaders, chains of command and NO interaction or cooperation!
    *No one covered anyone else's butt until the men brushed off the bosses and teamed up as individuals.
    *Assets that could have saved lives were withheld.
    *Communications were clear......We are being Slaughtered! They got no help!
    *Local police, soldiers and hired local personnel, turned and ran, leaving the defenders to die.
    *Some forces "loyal" to our people, turned and murdered the defenders.
    *Defenders BEGGED for Air support, which was available but denied.
    *Our Rulers lied repeatedly about events leading to the attack and afterwards.
    *Armed men floated through the attack zone. Defenders kept asking "Who are these people?"
    *Clear indicators of an impending attack were ignored.
    *Enemy fighters had unlimited supplies of small arms, explosives, RPG's.
    *The enemy had access to high technology. In one case, they parked near a main gate and made a cell phone call. That provided exact coordinates of the gate.

The list goes on for this absolute circle jerk of an operation. There was no use of Intel, no cooperation, coordination or team work. What a flippin' DISGRACE! These brave men and women were used up by incompetent leaders.

The movie showed all of this but explained virtually nothing. Those responsible should be in prison! In that regard, story telling of this movie was dismal!

Looking at the movie from another perspective, the movie was a roaring success! This movie showed exactly the total chaos of a battle. Should I shoot this guy? Who the Hell is he? He's on our side, why is he shooting at us? Where should we go? People are dying over there.........can we help them?

The scenes were absolutely chaotic. There was no light, everyone looked alike, there was no order of any kind and only informal leadership. These guys never knew where they were going to be attacked or from what direction! It was horrible and terrifying. This attack (actually a series of attacks) was totally insane, irrational and The movie told that tale perfectly! I was riveted to my seat and hated to leave for potty breaks.

Incidentally, this tale is 2 1/2 hours long. Sit by the aisle so you can get out to the John!

I gave this flick an A+. Be prepared to not know what the Hell is going on or what will happen next. The terror and insanity will cut you to the bone. I felt like I was in the scrap with our warriors!

I was also damned proud of our service men and women. They went through Hell and never faltered! These are tough men!

Flash

Last edited:

bignic83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    I saw the movie "The Secret Soldiers Of Benghanzi" today at the Senior Matinee. This flick is a tough call but I enjoyed it totally.

The movie title refers to contractors and spooks who were in country but off the books. Technically, they did not exist and were not in Libya at all.

If we review this movie as a story telling medium that is supposed to accurately advise the viewer about events that occurred in this tragic series of events, this flick is a bomb! The events that I witnessed today pissed me off to the bone marrow. WHY did this circle jerk happen?

The movie showed:
    *Professional soldiers, Seals, Delta team members and contractors who were well trained and pretty well equipped.
    *The various groups had separate leaders, chains of command and NO interaction or cooperation!
    *No one covered anyone else's butt until the men brushed off the bosses and teamed up as individuals.
    *Assets that could have saved lives were withheld.
    *Communications were clear......We are being Slaughtered! They got no help!
    *Local police, soldiers and hired local personnel, turned and ran, leaving the defenders to die.
    *Some forces "loyal" to our people, turned and murdered the defenders.
    *Defenders BEGGED for Air support, which was available but denied.
    *Our Rulers lied repeatedly about events leading to the attack and afterwards.
    *Armed men floated through the attack zone. Defenders kept asking "Who are these people?"
    *Clear indicators of an impending attack were ignored.
    *Enemy fighters had unlimited supplies of small arms, explosives, RPG's.
    *The enemy had access to high technology. In one case, they parked near a main gate and made a cell phone call. That provided exact coordinates of the gate.

The list goes on for this absolute circle jerk of an operation. There was no use of Intel, no cooperation, coordination or team work. What a flippin' DISGRACE! These brave men and women were used up by incompetent leaders.

The movie showed all of this but explained virtually nothing. Those responsible should be in prison! In that regard, story telling of this movie was dismal!

Looking at the movie from another perspective, the movie was a roaring success! This movie showed exactly the total chaos of a battle. Should I shoot this guy? Who the Hell is he? He's on our side, why is he shooting at us? Where should we go? People are dying over there.........can we help them?

The scenes were absolutely chaotic. There was no light, everyone looked alike and there was no order of any kind and only informal leadership. These guys never knew where they were going to be attacked or from what direction! It was horrible and terrifying. This attack (actually a series of attacks) was totally insane, irrational and The movie told that tale perfectly! I was riveted to my seat and hated to leave for potty breaks.

Incidentally, this tale is 2 1/2 hours long. Sit by the aisle so you can get out to the John!

I gave this flick an A+. Be prepared to not know what the Hell is going on or what will happen next. The terror and insanity will cut you to the bone. I felt like I was in the scrap with our warriors!

I was also damned proud of our service men and women. They went through Hell and never faltered! These are tough men!

Flash

Saw this last night. Agree with Flash wholeheartedly. If you don't walk out of this movie pissed there is something wrong with you. Any of these democrats that vote for Hillary after seeing this should hang their heads in shame. Awesome Movie!

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have ignored everything about Hitlery for years .....until today. I will become knowledgeable about her role in this disgrace.

Flash

marine68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Have not seen the movie as of yet, but have read the book. Fantastic story and I had to go back and re-read paragraphs to get the full meaning. As one commented, if you read this book and not end up pissed off at not only hillary, but our whole system of government, then you are a bigger person than me caused I was PISSED!!

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    So many things went wrong in Benghazi that it became a comedy of errors. Unfortunately, people were dying over our leaders and their ineptitude. Our nation used up a lot of good people over this same "It's not my job" in Viet Nam. Our soldiers were used in a political chess match. Here we go again!

F-16's were ready to fly and not far away. Why weren't they sent in to save our people? The Rulers could always launch the air power, then lie about it later!

Why were combat ready spooks one mile from the Embassy forbidden to assist in defending the US citizens? They finally told the boss to go F himself and went anyway. These were brave men!

Why were our allies in country so treacherous, cowardly and murderous?

None of those questions were answered in the movie. That's why I said earlier that this movie was lousy at explaining WHY these things happened.

That was then and this is now. Hillary Clinton figured squarely in the middle of this disgraceful event in 2012. Now, she is campaigning to become the Commander of our Armed Forces. We need to make sure that she is unsuccessful!

Flash

TheTexasTom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Watched an interview with an individual that said he was one of the folks actually involved. He said the movie is a pretty good depiction of events.

Top Bottom