• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Friend Bonnie and I teamed up to see "TomorrowLand" this morning at the Senior cheap show. This movie is going to be very difficult to review and I'll need to give up the plot to have it make any sense.

A girl gets in trouble with the cops and when she bails out, her property envelope has a strange tag/emblem/badge in with her own stuff. She finds that the tag has powers to take her to other places while she holds it.

She gets chased, captured, she escapes, and can't figure ouy WHY she is being chased. It gets even more weird as the story goes. It's had to figure out and the story has more holes in it than a sieve!

Gonna cut to the chase here as this review could go on & on and you still wouldn't grasp the story line. So here it is.......

It's about a machine that has been known about by a select few for over a hundred years.

The machine can take people BACK in time and more importantly FORWARD in time. They find that Earth is doomed in 58 days.

They also find that the future is not set in stone and that the future can be changed.

They determine that our own dark thoughts and negative attitudes are steering the Earth into doomsday but we can change that by being positive.

You can probably guess the rest.

There were some parts of this movie that were deadly long and boring. Bonnie and I both nodded off. There were some cute and charming parts and the kid characters were pretty cool. Your kids will probably like the way that kids always turned out to be the smart ones in a group and the adults were dunderheads.

We learned that handsome George Clooney is just as scuzzy looking as the rest of us when he doesn't shave.

There is no sex, no foul language and violence is minimal. There are some neat special effects. The overall message was a positive one.

Bonnie didn't give the movie a grade but was so-so about it. We had to discuss it before we really put all of the pieces together about the plot. It wanders constantly.

I gave the flick a "C". Your kids might like seeing kids their own age persevering and whipping good and bad adults.

Flash
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I've decided to stay away from this movie if only because I think it's a long, pandering ad for the Tomorrowland park at Disney.

Did Space Mountain come up in the movie?

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've decided to stay away from this movie if only because I think it's a long, pandering ad for the Tomorrowland park at Disney.

Did Space Mountain come up in the movie?

Gonna be frank here..........This movie had me baffled! Bonnie had the same reaction and we really weren't sure where the movie took us until we discussed it as were were driving home.

I'll give you an example:
    There were smiley faced robot guys trying to capture and/or kill us so we run around and finally end up at the Eiffel Tower where we ascend to the top and we find a room with figures of famous inventors. Somehow, the Eiffel Tower becomes a rocket launcher base where our heroes take off and go zooming around into............. I guess it was Tomorrowland.

Here is where we confront more bad guys and we find the huge machine that can shift us backwards or forwards in time. Predictably, we find Earth is doomed so we destroy the massive time machine. Why? I'm not sure.

If this tale confuses you, then join the rather small but baffled crowd who leaves the theater wondering what the Hell these people had in mind when they made this movie!

I would answer your question if I could figure out this entire mess. The flick is a jumbled, confusing mess. Some special effects were worth seeing. The rest of it well,........ sucked

Flash

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    As we said in the 1960's "Different Strokes For Different Folks." I'm just glad that I only spent $5 on my ticket. Oh, that's not really true.........I treated Bonnie to the flick, too.

How's this? The movie is worth a minimal investment of funds.....snicker.

Flash

diveRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    The Metroplex
    Heard the movie is a propaganda piece on Climate Change. I'll pass. Also hearb the movie is the biggest bomb ever produced by Disney Studios. ....oh well !

Read this too. I'll pass as well. I'll watch it when it's free to stream on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Last edited:

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Just came back from a Disney cruise last week. Several in our party saw the movie (at not cost) and really enjoyed it. I plan to watch it on HBO.

Top Bottom