• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    You can run .38 specials through a .357. I have a Ruger SP-101 2.25” barrel that isn’t too bad to run the mags through, but is down right enjoyable with .38 specials
    Yes sir, I am well aware 38s can be shot from a 357.

Your Ruger sp101 must be considerably heavier, or ported, than the Kimber K6s I had - Beautiful revolver, and enjoyable to shoot 38s with, but 9 rounds of 357 was the most I was ever able to shoot per range visit and i paid for the punishment the following week with a very sore hand.

I do kinda wish I'd have kept that Kimber because it was a really beautiful little high quality revolver and easy to conceal (as is the Ruger sp101 as well). But it selling the Kimber helped pay for a Colt DS-II that i'm very much in love with.

Edit: I've always lusted for a Python and I was finally able to justify the purchase with the lower price of the new 2020 Python. Mine has a 4" barrel and enough extra weight this it is absolutely enjoyable to shoot.
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Colt SAA 1960.jpg

Colt SAA 1965.jpg

Great Western 3.jpg

Ruger Wrangler.jpg

Rictex94

Aug 7, 2021
    Dallas Tx
    I like the S&W's also. Shooting a .44 magnum, I like a heavier model for less recoil. Now a .357 magnum, this one shoots like a dream. Not as sexy as the older models, but superior in shooting IMO.
    357 Smith and wesson revolvers will always be my favorite, right in the middle of too little and too much

Rictex94

Aug 7, 2021
    Dallas Tx
    I like the S&W's also. Shooting a .44 magnum, I like a heavier model for less recoil. Now a .357 magnum, this one shoots like a dream. Not as sexy as the older models, but superior in shooting IMO.
    357 Smith and wesson revolvers will always be my favorite, right in the middle of too little
    Beautiful!

ktaylor966

Aug 9, 2020
    DFW
    What is a must have revolver? I'm trying to decide which one should be my next one, just got my second one 2 days ago and itching for the next! These are the two I currently own View attachment 272916
    I’ll name TWO. First you need a S&W J-Frame 357 though I load it with 38 +P, mine is the model 649-5.

then you need a vintage S&W like the model 19 or even better the hard to find model 28-2

Top Bottom