• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Seeing as my day has not worked according to plan I may as well play also

IMG_3336.JPG
    DK Firearms

Attachments

• IMG_3336.JPG
      IMG_3336.JPG
      842.3 KB · Views: 817

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    @ Geezer, I had a few more, Pythons and such, but when my mother was diagnosed with cancer I sold a few to raise extra funds. What are a few guns when it is your parents. They cared for you when you needed it, now when they need it, do the same.
    Sounds to me like your parents raised you well.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Sorry to hear about your Mother. I understand your situation. My son-in-law is a Marine Veteran and he is currently battling his second round of brain cancer. He is 31 with three children (10, 8, and 4).
    My daughter teaches school, takes care of the kids, and tends to her husband. Strongest person I know.

Back when Obama was Pres I bought and sold a lot of S&W revolvers. The older pinned and recessed S&W revolvers are great. I have since sold off most of my revolvers. I retained a 4" M57 no dash and a couple of 6" M629s. I am now too old to play with the 44 mags, but I enjoy short stints with the 41 mag.
    The workmanship on older Colts and S&W revolvers is amazing. Considering the time and the tools, the craftsmen were also amazing.
    I am a 1911 guy. A 1911 will always will be my first choice, but there is no comparison between a 1911 (even my Wilsons) and an old Colt or S&W revolver when it comes to fit and finish.
    Enjoy your revolver.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Sorry to hear about your Mother. I understand your situation. My son-in-law is a Marine Veteran and he is currently battling his second round of brain cancer. He is 31 with three children (10, 8, and 4).
    My daughter teaches school, takes care of the kids, and tends to her husband. Strongest person I know.

Back when Obama was Pres I bought and sold a lot of S&W revolvers. The older pinned and recessed S&W revolvers are great. I have since sold off most of my revolvers. I retained a 4" M57 no dash and a couple of 6" M629s. I am now too old to play with the 44 mags, but I enjoy short stints with the 41 mag.
    The workmanship on older Colts and S&W revolvers is amazing. Considering the time and the tools, the craftsmen were also amazing.
    I am a 1911 guy. A 1911 will always will be my first choice, but there is no comparison between a 1911 (even my Wilsons) and an old Colt or S&W revolver when it comes to fit and finish.
    Enjoy your revolver.
    Kudos to your daughter for standing by her man! Great post

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    The doctors in Austin were/are very good. She has been cancer free for 4 yrs. now. She also had stroke, lost some memories and minor function, but otherwise she is doing well.

Damn, sorry to hear that. I hope for the best for him and his family.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Glad to hear your Mom is doing as well as can be expected. My son-in-law has been in chemo or proton therapy for over 12 months. His condition has gotten worse, not better. My daughter still believes he will pull through once all of the treatments are completed. His current chemo treatment is so strong, they can only give him one dose per month. We pray for the best, and plan for the worst.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Had the 357PD, I think that was the number in .41 mag about 4 inch barrel, was actually pretty mild shooter.
    It was one of the ones I sold, though.

Top Bottom