• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    When did you get that vz2008? You buy that locally from a guy in a Lexus I believe? Looks just like the rifle I built up. Does it have an original 58 muzzle brake?

Here is the one I had, not sure if it's it.

hUZ4XSb.jpg

WN4HqCr.jpg

Was taking some pics for my blog today and this shot developed. Not strictly rifles, but seemed appropriate.

Stevens 520A produced between 1942 and 1954 for the US military

Saginaw M1 carbine serial block puts it between May ‘43 and February ‘44

Smith & Wesson Model 10 or “Victory” revolver in .38 special

Colt M1911A1 dated 1944

and a VZ2008

Last edited:

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    When did you get that vz2008? You buy that locally from a guy in a Lexus I believe? Looks just like the rifle I built up. Does it have an original 58 muzzle brake?

Here is the one I had, not sure if it's it.

hUZ4XSb.jpg

WN4HqCr.jpg

Nope not yours. Mine originally had a folding stock. I've had it a few months. Not long, but I've owned a few before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I see, you bought and installed the beaver barf stock yourself. You just don't see many with the barf buttstock, like mine that came with the folder from Centerfire I think. Sold it with both stocks. Anyhow, good looking rifle.

You find yours getting hot after running for 60+ rounds? That was the only minor annoyance with the 58's.

HBeretta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    How do you like you FS2000?

I am curious as well.

One of those guns that I have always liked but just couldn't spend the money on.

Big FN fan and really like the ejection system being a lefty and it being a bullpup design.

How does the Keltec shoot?

Somebody should start a bullpup thread. Nudge nudge.

yes to bullpup thread. my FN...i wouldn't part with it, especially now that it's out of production. it's a damn good rifle being a closed system...you could cover it in mud and it'll still function. it's a punchy .223 when firing but i like it. i like the ergos on the gun as well. the gun is well thought out for MIL/LE use. it's pretty damn accurate too, especially if you feed it 60+ grain ammo. you could get under 2" groups all day with the occasional moa groups. it's a unique solid gun and the front ejection is full proof as well. you can close the port cover and the gun will still eject casings as it's forced open. you can shoot uphill or upwards too and the casings still eject. the best part is the takedown...one single captive pin to remove barrel assembly and the buttpad slides off to remove the trigger pack. bullpup triggers suck for the most part and the fs2000 trigger is no exception but there's a distinct wall with it so all the takeup doesn't matter. i actually like it as i know exactly where it'll break everytime. the trigger is heavy for a reason with this gun from a safety and design standpoint but you could take it to 5-6lbs if you wanted to yourself. yeah the gun isn't cheap especially now but it seems you're spending $1700-2k easy for these bullpups with kel-tec being the exception. my fs2000 is the original optic version (1.6 scope) that i was lucky enough to snag for just under $2k...basically brand new.

the kel-tec rdb. it's a 7lb rifle. kel-tec apparently has a bad reputation for reliability but i've had not a single issue or jam with my gun and i'm over 1000 rounds easy now with it. i was able to get mine for $999+tax so i wasn't too worried about the kel-tec haters. the gun is pretty damn sweet. it has one of the better bullpup triggers on the market at about 5lbs or just under. i've shot the steyr aug, tavor, x95 and of course my fs2000 and the RDB is the smoothest shooting of them all. there's hardly any recoil with the gun due to the downward ejection. the bolt assembly is basically an action rod and spring inside the bolt carrier weldment or long tube that the bolt assembly group is welded to. the design is that simple. so as the gas pushes the action rearward to eject the spent cases behind the magazine the action spring buffers the bolt assembly as it travels all the way to the back/stock essentially eliminating recoil. i actually installed a SJC titan compensator on the gun and i really didn't need to but did and it shoots softer than a 22. long story short, it's the most comfortable smoothest shooting bullpup i've shot to date. it's also very accurate as well. i bought some 55gr american eagle from walmart and averaged 1.7 moa out of different groups shoot at 100 yds. my best group was .75" which was a 4 shot group. i've posted results on a couple other forums with pics if you want me to link here. this was only with a 1-6x optic...i plan on testing again once my 3-9x arrives.

i just laugh that the RDB is half the price or more of these other bullpups and it performs the best of them all with regard to accuracy, recoil and comfort. yeah materials or craftsmanship are criticized but you all tell me by looking at the photos...does the RDB look like it's cheaply built to you? it's a great gun...i feel fortunate it exceeded my expectations by a long shot<<<cheap pun intended.

@dawico - forgot to mention with being a lefty the rdb is a slightly better solution due to the quick swap of the charging handle. due to forward ejection on the FN the charging handle is fixed on the left side. obviously, spent casings are a none issue for both guns.

Last edited:

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I see, you bought and installed the beaver barf stock yourself. You just don't see many with the barf buttstock, like mine that came with the folder from Centerfire I think. Sold it with both stocks. Anyhow, good looking rifle.

You find yours getting hot after running for 60+ rounds? That was the only minor annoyance with the 58's.

Haha I like this stock. I hated the folding one. I'm putting in a side rail but otherwise keeping it this way. Yes, it gets hot I wear gloves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topduarte

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2017
    My old Ruger M77 in 7mm Rem Mag. My hunting rifle.

Attachments

• ruger m77 1.jpg
      ruger m77 1.jpg
      61.3 KB · Views: 254
    • ruger m77 2.jpg
      ruger m77 2.jpg
      60.1 KB · Views: 240
    • ruger m77 3.jpg
      ruger m77 3.jpg
      63 KB · Views: 256

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    16997769_10155085189517053_677488023066316068_n_zpsnkvatrop.jpg

Still working on proper hold, but he knows to check/clear it before handling it. Also to always keep his finger off the trigger. It's muzzle discipline we're working on. Not really pushing him hard. When he gets interested we discuss firearms and he get to hold his. When he gets a little bigger I think he'll be ready.

Top Bottom