• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My friend Bonnie and I saw the movie "FURY" at the Senior cheap Matinee today. It was a great flick and we both enjoyed it tremendously!

"Fury" is a tank with a crew that has battled the Germans in Africa then from Normandy to Germany. The crew is battle hardened from surviving countless bloody confrontations.

(Sidebar) I understand that the tank was the last operational tank of its kind remaining, today.

Their driver had been killed and a replacement was forced into the group. Norman had been a civilian just 8 weeks before and the poor guy was forced into the meat grinder of the invasion of Germany. It was bloody, heartless, vicious and overwhelming. The movie could be re-titled "Watching Norman Grow Up." His first task was to wash the brains of the dead driver out of the tank.

We all know who won that conflict so there's no need to protect the ending of the movie. What it showed graphically, were the countless individual sacrifices that made that victory possible. The story was gritty, profane and gory. Face it, there's no way to make this story into a kiddie coloring book.

Meanwhile, we see Norman in his metamorphosis from a green FNG into a battle hardened combat soldier and to see the crew change from bullying Norman to accepting and trusting him as an equal on the combat team.

There was irony in several parts of this movie. For instance, Norman spared a German soldier/kid because he was "Just a kid" and later was himself spared the same way.

I want to report an unusual impact that this movie had on me. I am not military nor an LEO but I know what it's like to be in the dark, scared shit less, outnumbered and being attacked from several directions by strangers who tried to kill me. This movie duplicated that horror perfectly. I wasn't watching a movie, today. I was IN the movie and it was unnerving! The movie captured ALL of that battle experience.

The movie is 2 1/4 hours long so go easy on the refreshments.

It's all here for a war movie.....
    Blood, guts, graphic killing, brutality, profanity, viciousness, lack of any Human kindness.....yada, yada. It was done in a manner, however that focused on the courage and sacrifice of our soldiers that enabled us to freely sit in a theater to watch a movie! The movie made me proud of being a US citizen.......something that I haven't been in touch with for a long time.

There was a short period of sexual content but it was all done in a way that was sweet even though it took place in the middle of this Hell.

This is a bloody flick. Do not take young kids to see it. It is worth seeing and experiencing this movie.

Bonnie gave the movie an "A". I also gave the movie an "A" and recommend it to anyone who is able to handle the images of violence and brutality.

This is a VERY good movie and it doesn't hurt that Brad Pitt is other than a Liberal weenie! He even installed a shooting range in his home so he and Angelina can target shoot!

Flash

Last edited:

Sushi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2014
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Thumbs up beard.jpg

Really looking forward to seeing it. Thank you for the review.

bignic83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    Thanks Flash, great review. Now I got three movies to see. Fury and American Sniper (for Obvious reasons) and St. Vincent. (Heard Bill Murray is really good in it and I know the father of the kid in the movie Jaeden Liberher).

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I forgot to mention a special effects technique that was very effective in "Fury". Early in the movie, the use of "Tracers" was explained as every 4th round on a belt of machine gun ammunition. The US forces had red tracers, the Germans had green tracers. I'm not certain that was historically correct but in the intense action scenes, it was startling to see the exchange of tracers with the green and red. Considering that the tracers were every 4th round, there were lots of bullets flying.

Another startling special effect was with the German High Velocity artillery and tank rounds. They made a screaming sound and also showed a green tracer streak. The action scenes were horrifying! Friggin' tracer rounds everywhere and then a High Vel round comes screaming through! The combined sight and sound is enough to make you white knuckle your chair arms! The viewer is IN the action!

Flash

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    That bumps up my must see list to two flicks for the holidays. Thanks for the great review.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I liked it. Too few US tanks getting blown up, but they had one tank fight that was realistic. Those Shermans were death traps...

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Best war movie in a while...*spoilers below*

I do have a question about the main tank battle regarding realism: did they really roll so closely together when charging the Tiger like that in real life? Or was that simply needed for camera angles and such? Would seem better to be spread out.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    My friend Bonnie and I saw the movie "FURY" at the Senior cheap Matinee today. It was a great flick and we both enjoyed it tremendously!

"Fury" is a tank with a crew that has battled the Germans in Africa then from Normandy to Germany. The crew is battle hardened from surviving countless bloody confrontations.

(Sidebar) I understand that the tank was the last operational tank of its kind remaining, today.

Their driver had been killed and a replacement was forced into the group. Norman had been a civilian just 8 weeks before and the poor guy was forced into the meat grinder of the invasion of Germany. It was bloody, heartless, vicious and overwhelming. The movie could be re-titled "Watching Norman Grow Up." His first task was to wash the brains of the dead driver out of the tank.

We all know who won that conflict so there's no need to protect the ending of the movie. What it showed graphically, were the countless individual sacrifices that made that victory possible. The story was gritty, profane and gory. Face it, there's no way to make this story into a kiddie coloring book.

Meanwhile, we see Norman in his metamorphosis from a green FNG into a battle hardened combat soldier and to see the crew change from bullying Norman to accepting and trusting him as an equal on the combat team.

There was irony in several parts of this movie. For instance, Norman spared a German soldier/kid because he was "Just a kid" and later was himself spared the same way.

I want to report an unusual impact that this movie had on me. I am not military nor an LEO but I know what it's like to be in the dark, scared shit less, outnumbered and being attacked from several directions by strangers who tried to kill me. This movie duplicated that horror perfectly. I wasn't watching a movie, today. I was IN the movie and it was unnerving! The movie captured ALL of that battle experience.

The movie is 2 1/4 hours long so go easy on the refreshments.

It's all here for a war movie.....
    Blood, guts, graphic killing, brutality, profanity, viciousness, lack of any Human kindness.....yada, yada. It was done in a manner, however that focused on the courage and sacrifice of our soldiers that enabled us to freely sit in a theater to watch a movie! The movie made me proud of being a US citizen.......something that I haven't been in touch with for a long time.

There was a short period of sexual content but it was all done in a way that was sweet even though it took place in the middle of this Hell.

This is a bloody flick. Do not take young kids to see it. It is worth seeing and experiencing this movie.

Bonnie gave the movie an "A". I also gave the movie an "A" and recommend it to anyone who is able to handle the images of violence and brutality.

This is a VERY good movie and it doesn't hurt that Brad Pitt is other than a Liberal weenie! He even installed a shooting range in his home so he and Angelina can target shoot!

Flash
    Saw it, concur, good flick, go see it for good insight into the mentality of a combat soldier...

Top Bottom