• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    I was strolling through the Armscor website recently when I encounter this:

https://us.armscor.com/products/rock-ultra-fs-hc-10mm

Has anyone actually seen, or better yet, touched or fired one? I can't seem to find any dealers online that actually has one in stock yet. I emailed Armscor for info. MSRP is $826, but hoping to find something a little more reasonable. ... just hoping "16+1" is not a typo...

c4bf6633aa89a76af7461279581d8bdb.png
    ARJ Defense ad

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Check galleryofguns.com if you haven't already. I ordered a RIA a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Can't give any input on the 10mm but shooting my STI next to the RIA, I can't see the $600 difference other than a few stove pipes in the RIA while breaking it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    On a lark, I checked Gallery of Guns earlier. That handgun is not in stock. They do have the Pro Ultra, or whatever it is, at about 500 more. They say 16+1 there, also.

I saw and handled one of the 8-rounders at the last Coastal Bend meet. It felt good and looked good. I really liked the FO front sight.

Didn't shoot it because I was shooting my own 10mm.

The 10mm is a one shot, one kill weapon. Rarely a need for 17 rounds.

The 8-rounder in a nice holster would make a pretty sweet OC set-up if that's your thing.

ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    Edit to add that a lot of responsibility comes with owning a 10mm.

You have to stay on the forumns. You have to let it be known that you own a 10mm whenever remotely possible. If you can back it up with pics, that's even better.

I haven't posted in the G20 holster recommendation thread yet, but I'll get to it.

What you post doesn't really have to make sense. If someone asks for a G20 holster recommendation, you can post something like "I have an RIA doublestack 10mm in a Galco and I really like it."

Just so you know.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    I looked all over the Armscor site and could not find a model 52000 Ultra Pro listed on gallery of guns; closest I found was a model 52008 single stack. It's a nice looking pistol although a bit more than I wanted to put in to a single stack. Guess I'll keep saving box tops for the EAA Witness Hunter... As for the 16+1 rounds, the wife and I go hiking (photographer by hobby) and I like to have some universal protection from whatever and/or however many, hostile critters we may encounter. Too, with a little excitement, I may not always hit dead center the first shot... I shoot a G22 (40 S&W Double) that fits my hand pretty well. On occasion, I have fired my friend's RIA 45 ACP and it feels a little small in the hand. I rented a G20 (10mm double) a while back and it fit pretty well from what I remember.

ECS, I'm a little confused by your comment regarding the responsibility of owning a 10mm. The implication seems to be that it is a greater responsibility than other firearm. Can you explain?

thanks

ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    I was making "a little funny", but I guess you missed it.

In any case, if I do a search for that 10mil on gun genie, the 52000 shows up on page 2 of the results.

How much you pay depends on you. I tell you this in case you have never used that system.

In my case, I'd be paying $1117 in Yoakum.

Good luck with your search.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I was making "a little funny", but I guess you missed it.

In any case, if I do a search for that 10mil on gun genie, the 52000 shows up on page 2 of the results.

How much you pay depends on you. I tell you this in case you have never used that system.

In my case, I'd be paying $1117 in Yoakum.

Good luck with your search.

you'll do

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Gunbroker has the ultra and its at $1071

Rock Island 1911 Match Series Ultra Match 6" 10MM : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

So I guess I need to post a pic of my G20 and my other G20 in a mechtech upper to get a response in the holster thread :) Now that I know I will try and fix that.

I looked all over the Armscor site and could not find a model 52000 Ultra Pro listed on gallery of guns; closest I found was a model 52008 single stack. It's a nice looking pistol although a bit more than I wanted to put in to a single stack. Guess I'll keep saving box tops for the EAA Witness Hunter... As for the 16+1 rounds, the wife and I go hiking (photographer by hobby) and I like to have some universal protection from whatever and/or however many, hostile critters we may encounter. Too, with a little excitement, I may not always hit dead center the first shot... I shoot a G22 (40 S&W Double) that fits my hand pretty well. On occasion, I have fired my friend's RIA 45 ACP and it feels a little small in the hand. I rented a G20 (10mm double) a while back and it fit pretty well from what I remember.

ECS, I'm a little confused by your comment regarding the responsibility of owning a 10mm. The implication seems to be that it is a greater responsibility than other firearm. Can you explain?

thanks

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    I've gotten some people really torqued off before on social media because they said some really inane stuff and I thought they were joking, so I responded in kind... :) Been trying to take it a bit slower now until I figure out what direction people are coming from. :) But I'm cool w/ humor... now armed with the knowledge that you were making joke, that is pretty funny.

Wow, if nothing else comes out of this thread, still, thanks for the info about gun genie. There's several gun shops around here I didn't even know about...

ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    Well, that's the thing about the written word - you can assign just about any tone you want to just about anything.

For Shady - I never responded to that thread because my G20sf has an RMR on it. They typically require a holster that you may not want to use with a non-RMR handgun.

A quick cell phone pic of my two 10mm handguns - a G20sf in a Bladetech holster and a single stack 1911

image_zpsdeevi1dh.gif

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Tombstone Tactical has several RI 10 mm 1911s in stock. Some as low as $582. I've ordered from them in the past with no issues. But, they don't list the model you're looking for.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Edit to add that a lot of responsibility comes with owning a 10mm.

You have to stay on the forumns. You have to let it be known that you own a 10mm whenever remotely possible. If you can back it up with pics, that's even better.

I haven't posted in the G20 holster recommendation thread yet, but I'll get to it.

What you post doesn't really have to make sense. If someone asks for a G20 holster recommendation, you can post something like "I have an RIA doublestack 10mm in a Galco and I really like it."

Just so you know.

LOL.

ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    I bought two of the RIA 10mm 1911's last years and love them. There was one slight issue with one of them stove piping a lot. After checking the recoil spring I found it was an 8 lb spring. Called Armscor and they sent me a new 20 lb spring at no charge.

Govern wisely and as little as possible~Sam Houston

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    Bud's Gunshop online, carry a large number of RIA 1911 models. Unfortunately, the 10mm's are the hardest to catch in-stock. Nonetheless, I would check there as often as possible and you'll have a hard time finding a better price and since they're in Kentucky, no sale tax.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    I emailed Armscor about this; they wrote me back, twice. Seems they make only about 25 each, of the 52000 and the 52009 every month. They suggested, as you guys did, trying out gun genie to find one. I was hoping to rent one at the local range for a test drive first and since it was Armscor, hopping it would be a little more cost effective... list shows to be $1345. Gun genie shows them to be about $1k; guess I'll have to see how serious I am about having one. With only 25 per month production, don't expect the price to drop much anytime soon.

jeoffman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2015
    I emailed Armscor about this; they wrote me back, twice. Seems they make only about 25 each, of the 52000 and the 52009 every month. They suggested, as you guys did, trying out gun genie to find one. I was hoping to rent one at the local range for a test drive first and since it was Armscor, hopping it would be a little more cost effective... list shows to be $1345. Gun genie shows them to be about $1k; guess I'll have to see how serious I am about having one. With only 25 per month production, don't expect the price to drop much anytime soon.
    I am in Michigan and ordered one thru my local gun store. He found a place that had a few. I can ask when I pick it up as to what distributor and post it here. I am paying $678 out the door for the 52009.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom