• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter04

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Katy, TX
    Hey guys,

My WASR-10 came with a bayonet but i've never been able to get it to click into place. I have the feeling either the bayonet lug is broke, or the bayonet is. Anyway to figure out which one is the problem without ordering a new bayonet and trying it? I'll post a picture of the lug/bayonet tonight.

Thanks!
    :patriot:
    Capitol Armory ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You are taking it out of the sheath, right? I've picked up a few extra Romanian bayonets at gun shows for about $10, and all have fit perfectly on the right AKs...

And you're sure you have the right bayonet, correct? This from another forum...

To educate you, there are two types of bayonet for the AK.

On the left is shown the original AK-47 pattern. This bayonet fits the milled receiver AK-47s. The other two are AKM and AK-74/AK-10x series bayonets and both types will fit any AK from the AKM onward (this means either variety will fit a WASR-10, if the rifle has a bayonet lug).

0052406098.jpg
    From the same site, this...

Remember, the lug on the WASR was rewelded on b/c the gun can not come into the country with it intact. This means the bayo may fit very tight, very loose or not at all depending on how much material was added. Also if using a US slant brake or muzzle nut, it too may be under/over sized.
    Oh, or you could watch this:

YouTube - Attaching an Ak47 Bayonet (WASR 10)

Hope that helps!

Cheers! M2

Shooter04

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Katy, TX
    Wow thanks for the great reply! Here are those pics of the lug and bayonet. I'm no expert by any means, but I'm pretty sure that metal piece in the pics is the lug....right? Does that bayonet appear to be a match for the WASR? I've looked online and it appears to be a Romanian bayonet. Just cant figure out why it doesn't click into place :banghead:

wks10n.jpg

xkzmmo.jpg

2n8ug53.jpg

2w32xhs.jpg

2vxhulz.gif

1zfo37q.jpg

2112aue.jpg

1r9543.jpg

Top Bottom