• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    That's the original location, but it has turned into a chain all across Texas.

The four original stores are a separate endeavor from the franchise operations. The franchises have a larger menu, to include breakfast and sandwiches.

Having eaten at both numerous times, I prefer the franchise product over the original stores. But there’s much better ‘q out there.
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Disappointing. I used to be a big fan, but the food at their Westover Hills location (near SeaWorld) has gone downhill considerably while the price has gone up dramatically! The one in Leon Springs isn't any better.

I would go there over Bill Miller's, but otherwise would find a local BBQ place instead.

Life is too short to waste time on mediocre BBQ!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If meat is cooked right you don't need to cover it with sauce.
    Do you twist a silly French mustache and finish that statement “haungh haungh haungh”?
    EA521BF9-9D53-4A48-9173-04F6BB8E3420.gif

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    My company (over 300 employees) use to have them cater breakfast for the quarterly meeting for at least a couple of years. That's until the day when everyone that had a breakfast burrito ended up sick. I'm not sure too many people that suffered "Roody Boody" have ever eaten there again.

prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    Its good Q. I stop there pretty much every time I go to the Cabelas in Allen. Get the "Rudy's Chop" sandwich next time you go. They take all the trimmings from all the meats and make a chopped out of it. Tis fantastic.

Is it the best? Nope. BUt its far from the worst and the prices are fair.
    Agreed, Rudy's chop sandwich is really good. I tried Black's in Lockhart, very disappointing. Smitty's in Lockhart was excellent. Haven't tried Kreuz Market yet. Sounds like I should plan a little road trip to Lockhart.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I guess the Rudy's in Tyler is one of the originals as I never noticed a breakfast menu. DW and I eat there every time we go to Tyler, their stuffed tater is really good and filling. Unfortunately we only eat there about every 6 weeks, usually because of Dr's appointments there.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I guess the Rudy's in Tyler is one of the originals as I never noticed a breakfast menu. DW and I eat there every time we go to Tyler, their stuffed tater is really good and filling. Unfortunately we only eat there about every 6 weeks, usually because of Dr's appointments there.

No sir; the four originals are in SAT. Y’all have breakfast and sandwiches available.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    The four original stores are a separate endeavor from the franchise operations. The franchises have a larger menu, to include breakfast and sandwiches.

Having eaten at both numerous times, I prefer the franchise product over the original stores. But there’s much better ‘q out there.
    Didn't know they had 4 to start. I grew up near the Leon Springs location and even worked a summer job there in HS. I was always told it was the original. Either way I like eating there. Met several of the Spurs team there also. David Robinson and Tim Ducan were regulars.

Top Bottom