• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blueR32

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    SA TX
    I'm on the verge of going to get one at Academy, but if I can find one here & save a few bucks, I will.

Thanks.
    DK Firearms

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Most people will try to sell you their used rifles at 95% of their new value. Only thing worth looking into...if you ever want to upgrade this gun it is a good idea to get a pre-2008 model so you get an all-aluminum trigger group. I would try gun auction sights, you might get lucky.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    could be as little as the basspro raping charge
    but it might be some of the factory options
    academy usually has the best prices on them though

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    ....or we do THIS to 'em. anim_lol.jpg

100_0742.jpg

blueR32

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    SA TX
    I just looked at the price on the tags. I didn't get into specifics. Maybe I just misread the price. Going to get one at Academy after all the Christmas chaos settles down.

Thanks for the info. It seems to me like the guys that work at these places don't always know what they're talking about.

edit* the ones at Bass Pro had black synthetic or multi-colored wood finished stocks. I was guessing this was the main difference.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    the multicolored wood is usually the team usa edition target stock and heavy barrel i think if so then yeah that one is usually alot more. the synthetic can be found around the same price as the basic model

blueR32

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    SA TX
    The bass pro I went to didn't have digi-camo. I went with the classic wood stock and blued barrel from academy today. Merry Christmas to me... again.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The Houston 10-22 market.

Major retailers can get specially equipped rifles from Ruger. One of the best was the Walmart Special. It had a nice checkered wood stock, rubber buttplate and a SS 22" barrel. They are no longer available. Right now, WW has an 18" SS rifle with a black synthetic stock for $247. The plain, blue 18" carbine is $199.

I bought two 18" carbines at Academy in plain blue trim for $189. I got two at a pawn shop for $100 and $125 but that is real unusual and they were both rode hard. Since I just wanted the receivers, bolts and trigger groups, that was fine for me. Most pawn shops price a good used rifle for $199 which is full new retail and a ripoff. Those Walmart 22" SS rifles are priced at full new retail for $240+ if you can find one used. Does that make sense? Hell no but they sell the rifles. I guess some knotheads will pay over new retail for a used rifle. It just baffles me.

I don't sweat the plastic trigger groups and prefer the Volquartsen replacements. The VQ trigger assemblies are expensive but the Volquartsen hammer kit will give you a great trigger for cheap.

I stay on top of the 10-22 market and those prices are pretty realistic. Hope this helps. I own a few 10-22's and have a ball customizing them.

Flash

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well....yes an' no.<G> Bought it off a guy that couldn't git it to function. Of course, he "forgot" to mention that li'l fact up front. When I emailed him about it, he claimed to have put it in his ad (NOT) - when I sent him a copy of it, he agreed to send me back $200 of the $450 I gave him for it rather than messing with gettin' a gun back that didn't function.

When I had the money in hand, I told him that Ruger 10/22's don't like bein' shot w/o bein' lubed......<evil laugh>

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Well....yes an' no.<G> Bought it off a guy that couldn't git it to function. Of course, he "forgot" to mention that li'l fact up front. When I emailed him about it, he claimed to have put it in his ad (NOT) - when I sent him a copy of it, he agreed to send me back $200 of the $450 I gave him for it rather than messing with gettin' a gun back that didn't function.

When I had the money in hand, I told him that Ruger 10/22's don't like bein' shot w/o bein' lubed......<evil laugh>

NICE!
    *applause*

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom