• leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Serious question:

Although I’ve been fooling with these since the mid 1950’s & have owned several, including one now; I have never seen one to operate properly, w/o numerous FTE’s, FTL’s etc. No matter how clean & well-lubed.

Is it possible to get one to run properly ?

If so, please tell how !
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpeg
      IMG_0212.jpeg
      136.1 KB · Views: 22

DustyDuds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2023
    Fort Worth
    I have several versions of the pistol and they are all reliable. Having said that I can think of two practices that might help:
    1) use any ammunition other than Remington; I seem to have more problems with Remington no matter what firearm I’m using.

2) Strip the bolt and run a jewelers file along any sharp edges to remove any burrs that might prevent smooth operation. I like Ruger products in general but I do see that they could pay more attention to the finish of small parts.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I have owned several, and never had any problems. Others say same the same thing.
    You seem to be saying, that all that you have owned had issues.
    That kind of points the finger at you...
    <>

OK; question was prompted by at least 4 different folks operating some 8 or 9 of the pistols, including several originals, one fluted stainless target model, and one 22/45.

I’ve seen ammo-finicky Ruger’s before, but lately I’m using only CCI’s in the current one.

Will try more lube next range trip.

<

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    I have never heard of numerous problems with the Mk pistols....they kinda match the 10/22.
    Other than dirty LCI's on MkIII's, I don't recall any complaints.

Joe

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    I've had a bunch of them mostly Mk II's but at least one MkI. Never had any issues and with .22s they were all cleaned once a year maybe, maybe not.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The majority of complaints directed at the pre-mkiv’s that I remember are because they were a pain to breakdown/put back together.
    I’ve noticed ads for a device used to reassemble them.

Last range trip, I had a stack of pre-loaded mags and ran through them. About one malfunction per mag, using CCI’s.

I’d like to carry the one I have now when boating, but I don’t have confidence in it.

So we take a couple G19’s & the Ruger PCC w/ GLOCK magwell. We talk a bit of having to shoot gators, but I havent actually had to shoot one in 45 years.

The 10/22 does seem to work a lot better.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I own a mk2, mk3 and mk4. I have owned quite a few mk3's before and have yet to find a ammo they won't run including Remington.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    If you don't trust the Ruger, then get a Browning Buckmark or a GP100 10-shot 22lr.

Mine do fine with the cheap golden bullet. Are your malfunctions with the ammo or the pistol? 22's are known for not having the primer spun all the way around the rim - creating dead spots. Quarter turn and it goes bang most times.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    If you don't trust the Ruger, then get a Browning Buckmark or a GP100 10-shot 22lr.

Mine do fine with the cheap golden bullet. Are your malfunctions with the ammo or the pistol? 22's are known for not having the primer spun all the way around the rim - creating dead spots. Quarter turn and it goes bang most times.
    No FTF’s if the round chambers properly.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>
    Same guy who has feeding problems with pump action shotguns.
    If a Ruger. 22lr auto loader is having issues. It's most likely the maintenance or overabundance of such.

Run it till it quits, then Field strip and clean, lube, reassemble.
    <>

How nice of you, as a ‘’MOD’’, to recall this and comment thusly.

For everyone else: I’m an Elder with almost 70 years pumpgun experiences. I’ve owned 2 Mod 12’s, a BPS, a Mossberg 500, six 870’s, plus have shot both Sons’ 870SF’s & 870EF’s, & Dad’s Mod 12 numerous times. I had ONE problem w/ FTL’s on ONE 20GA 870SF. It was fixed but recurred years later.

Had you not been a protected ‘’MOD’’, I’d have put you on ‘’ignore’’ status years ago b/c of your inappropriate rudeness & snide comments.

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom