• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Ice/Snow kept me inside and finally finished the Ruger 96/22 Integral, adding second notch to MIST BBL:

IMG_1152_zps5uqikhdq.gif

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Looks like I have inherited this project from 1Slow. I am in touch with Todd Toenges from RFC and have a quote for $70 to achieve a 2.5 to 3lb crisp trigger pull. The famous Que has offered his bolt polishing services for a whopping $10.

Since I already have two 10/22s in Hogue/Kidd/Tactical gear, and because the custom stock work on this gun is pretty involved, I think I will stick with the factory wood and a sporter profile barrel. I'm currently tracking one down and will add the second extractor slot myself.

15b06f0e65334464f1bda6b12ee784b6.jpg

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Can't spring for the Mist right now, so I grabbed a barrel off my Slide Fire 10/22 and notched it. Looks to be a good fit and a very small package.

I started with the dremel and quickly remembered it is not a precision tool (at least not with me behind the wheel). I finished with a set of files and the extractor lines up great. Cycled a whole mag through it and every round ejected.

Still haven't decided what to do about optics.

ba5c211a5c05ec0efb24d14b2aa728e5.jpg

9dbef4b4c1029046ba32dcb4ff783ffb.jpg

52a588fba9b00ea6aff869010888f45e.jpg

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Time for an update. I am loving this rifle. It's about as close to quiet as I could ever get. Currently I am looking for a picatinny rail, but they are hard to source. I remember reading somewhere that a Marlin rail could be made to fit, but Google isn't getting me anywhere tonight. Ironically, most searches pull up this page before others.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Ok it's decision time. July 13th is next week and I'm thinking about SBRing this gun. Shooting it with the welded shrouded barrel is fun, but the shroud makes an annoying ringing sound (you can hear it slightly in the video) whenever the lever is actuated, and also when a bullet is fired. I think it has something to do with harmonics but I have no expert knowledge.

I am planning to use a 6" Kidd barrel because I like the profile and accuracy, and it comes pre-threaded for $150. Notching the second extractor slot will not be a problem (I tried to get Tony & Friends to agree to do it, but they declined). I will hollow out the stock channel, but I have not yet determined which method to use based on what tools I own.

Does this plan sound ok? I'd like to file before the 13th, so need to get my barrel length determined for the Form 1. Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    If it's just the ringing of the barrel shroud that's bugging you then all you need is something to dampen the vibrations. Try putting two or three good-size rubber bands around it, not too tightly and especially in the middle and end, and I'll bet your ringing goes away.

Bam, just saved you $350+.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    If it's just the ringing of the barrel shroud that's bugging you then all you need is something to dampen the vibrations. Try putting two or three good-size rubber bands around it, not too tightly and especially in the middle and end, and I'll bet your ringing goes away.

Bam, just saved you $350+.

If that works I'm going to owe you a massive beer.

Would still be fun to SBR it.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Barrel length has little to do with accuracy.

I have two mist 22 Gemtech integrally suppressed barrels

They are a bit ammo particular, nothing odd about that.

Not surprising that it shoots 1/2 to 3/4 inch at 50 yards all day long with the orange box Gemtech stuff (made by CCI BTW, the 5,000 rounds having arrives in a CCI case)

I'm searching for one of these rifles!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have two mist 22 Gemtech integrally suppressed barrels

They are a bit ammo particular, nothing odd about that.

Not surprising that it shoots 1/2 to 3/4 inch at 50 yards all day long with the orange box Gemtech stuff (made by CCI BTW, the 5,000 rounds having arrives in a CCI case)

I'm searching for one of these rifles!

SGA on I45 in Spring had (at least one that I shot) Gemtech integrally suppressed .22 a couple weeks ago.

Top Bottom