• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The Mark I, II, III, and IV pistols are some of the most accurate and reliable pistols you'll ever find. The newest one, the Mark IV, fixes the irritating problem of trying to put the pistol back together when you take it apart for a good cleaning. I bought a Mark I in 1982 and fired thousands of rounds through it. Eventually the recoil spring keeper broke. I got a new one from Ruger in about 3 days. I also have the III and IV and the quality has remained excellent over the years. You will never regret buying a pistol in this series.
    Capitol Armory ad

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I have had a MKII for decades. Nice pistol but as others have said, it can be a pain to disassemble and assemble. The assembly is the tougher operation for most folks.

You Tube has plenty of videos on how to do both. I made one, for each disassembly and assembly. The one on assembly has gotten over 50K views. Some folks do not like mine because of my preface about safety and because it is a long video. You can always advance it to the operative part you need to watch but the devil is in the details or at least in not knowing the details; so, my video is heavy on details. With over 50K views though, plenty of folks must find it useful.

I also have a Mark IV. Also a nice pistol.

One of the better Mark series assembly videos I've seen. Thanks. Got it book marked for the next time I clean my Mark I :)

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Wow, I came across this just now...
    Although cutting up a MK-II goes against me better judgment for a multitude of reasons,
    this IS pretty cool... even with the major loss in accuracy:
    ePU9Wo7.jpg

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Wow, I came across this just now...
    Although cutting up a MK-II goes against me better judgment for a multitude of reasons,
    this IS pretty cool... even with the major loss in accuracy:
    ePU9Wo7.jpg

Once you put a 8” can on it you will find that the accuracy is not really affected, and even HV ammo is subsonic out of it.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    The one pictured with the white grips is a special addition. I would not pay $385 retail plus tax for a MKII unless it had the box, papers, both magazines, etc. and was perfect condition.

I have a MKIII 22/45RP with MKII hammer bushings to elliminate the magazine safety. It also has all Volquartsen internals. Trigger set to one pound 12 ounces. Mine has none of the MKIII "problems" because I solved them.

I was just gifted a "rode hard and put away wet" MKI from my neighbor and it works great just ain't pretty. LSBHO is a nice feature but the MKI not having it doesn't keep me awake at night.

2245reddo1t-zpsretcunmg.jpg

F66-C59-AA-9866-4-F4-F-B412-86020356-D652.jpg

Top Bottom