• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Believe it or not, they have one of the nicest triggers out there in the polymer world. I own all the big names and the SR9c trigger is shocking how good it is.

Overall its a great gun for the price. It could easily command a higher price but i think the name "Ruger" keeps it in the price range its at and thats OK by me :)

It also has a very nice adjustable low profile rear sight taht is a very nice touch.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    My GF has one for here EDC gun,shoot well hi-cap mags, bought her the Crimson trace laser guard for Christmas, she likes it. We did have to send it in to Ruger though for light primer strikes, but they took care of everything including shipping both ways. We do have 4 or 5 other Rugers in the collection.

Minh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    My GF has one for here EDC gun,shoot well hi-cap mags, bought her the Crimson trace laser guard for Christmas, she likes it. We did have to send it in to Ruger though for light primer strikes, but they took care of everything including shipping both ways. We do have 4 or 5 other Rugers in the collection.

how heavy is the slide spring? can your GF work the slide easily? we are looking at one because the size is nice but she has a problem chambering a round or locking the slide back on her current P239.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Believe it or not, they have one of the nicest triggers out there in the polymer world. I own all the big names and the SR9c trigger is shocking how good it is.
    Interesting... my experience is the opposite. I've shot two full sized SR9s and while the trigger pull was short with a good reset, I found it to be rather heavy and gritty. The XD line has better triggers in my opinion. Even the M&P line with it's "plasticy" feel is better to me. I think a fluff and buff from any gunsmith could make the SR9 trigger quite nice, however.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    how heavy is the slide spring? can your GF work the slide easily? we are looking at one because the size is nice but she has a problem chambering a round or locking the slide back on her current P239.
    She did have a really hard time racking it actually. Shot the hell out of it to break it in, now she loves it.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Interesting... my experience is the opposite. I've shot two full sized SR9s and while the trigger pull was short with a good reset, I found it to be rather heavy and gritty. The XD line has better triggers in my opinion. Even the M&P line with it's "plasticy" feel is better to me. I think a fluff and buff from any gunsmith could make the SR9 trigger quite nice, however.

Can't quote me on this but depending on when the full size SR9s you tested were made, they'll have a different trigger than an SR9C. They lightened and/or improved the triggered on the 9C. IIRC, The full sizes that were produced after the 9Cs came out will have the same improved trigger.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Can't quote me on this but depending on when the full size SR9s you tested were made, they'll have a different trigger than an SR9C. They lightened and/or improved the triggered on the 9C. IIRC, The full sizes that were produced after the 9Cs came out will have the same improved trigger.

100% correct here.

The SR9 trigger was nothing special when it first came out, then the SR9c came out a time later and it had a great trigger and a lot of people said "My SR9 doesn't feel like that!"

Ruger then made all the SR series pistol triggers feel like the SR9c. The older SR9's had typical mush triggers but all the new SR's (past year or so??) have beautiful triggers.

HuttoAg96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Hutto (Austin)
    I like mine a lot. Have about 1800 rounds through it, had to send it in for a couple of light strikes after about 1000 rounds and haven't had any hiccups since. It could use a little bit of a trigger job as taking up the slack (what little of it there is) is gritty, but I'm hesitant to do that in my carry gun. I liked the trigger more than any of the other guns I handled while shopping. I have to say that I really liked the feel of the trigger of the M&P9 with an Apex sear that I shot at a class this weekend. Guy said the trigger was 4.5 lbs on his scale. It almost felt like a 2 stage trigger - a loooong slack takeup but almost no resistance to do so, then a crisp stop before it fires. I'd be tempted to look at an M&P9C and compare that to the Ruger if I had to do it all over again.

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    I have one that I carry. The slide was very tight out of the box, but a couple of hundred rounds thru it and it is fine now. Trigger is very good, light and even pull. I have about 500 rounds thru mine without a single problem. I have shot the M&P and a couple of other polymer 9mm guns and this is the best. Very accurate and with the 17 round SR9 mag with the finger grip and mag extension, it is very comfortable and easy to shoot. When I carry I use the standard short 10 round mag with the finger ext. on the bottom. This is my only "plastic" pistol. I have owned several other Rugers with steel frames and all have been excellent.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    ^^If you do, maybe we should do a group thing. I'd like to see how the new ones feel compared to mine. Mine isn't quite stock though. I installed a Ghost trigger that lightened it and reduced the overtravel to just about zero. I also polished up some of the trigger components and got rid of mag disconnect safety (not sure if this last one affected trigger pull, but now I can dry fire without mag in place and not worry about damage.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Thanks for all the input. I really would like to shoot one. I may go to the Winchester range in FW and pay $10 to try one out. I have a XD9SC and like it but I really like a manual safety.....I know some don't but that's just me.

Top Bottom