• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Limbaugh, the man from whom I have learned most about American politics and, in my opinion the clearest thinker in the media, announced at the end of his show today that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.

Although I don't expect any from this august group I'd be obliged if any negative comments about him waited a while, thanks.

Prayers only please.
    Guns International

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    While I would not wish cancer on anyone, I just have to ask. Is the whole world going to end or just yours?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Limbaugh, the man from whom I have learned most about American politics and, in my opinion the clearest thinker in the media, announced at the end of his show today that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.

Although I don't expect any from this august group I'd be obliged if any negative comments about him waited a while, thanks.

Prayers only please.
    Thank you for posting this. I also enjoyed listening to Rush.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I thoroughly enjoy listening to Rush. He is one of the few consistently logical and insightful conservative voices out there. And he so often has a take on an issue that makes me think “Why didn’t I think of that?”

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I don't know about lung cancer but I do know that stage 4 cancer of other types can be beat with chemo and radiation when surgery is pretty much out of the question. It is not easy and the most important thing I have heard one needs to do is to stay in the fight and complete each and every treatment. When you quit you stand almost zero of a chance once at stage 4. It is also like having a bomb dropped into your lap when you hear stage 4 especially when the whole thing comes as a surprise. I think he said that his first symptoms were on the 12th of January (if I understood correctly) and that his diagnosis was confirmed on the 20th. If that is correct, that is a terrible shocker without a doubt.

I can wish him only all the best, and a complete if not also a speedy recovery (there probably is no way it will be speedy at stage 4). He was and remains a champion of the right, of our Constitution and of freedom. By the way, he said he is going to continue with his show as best he can do while going through treatments.

Rush Limbaugh is a great commentator, a pretty good linguist and a political wiz. He also could be pretty funny - something unusual for a talk show host on the right. He was a breath of fresh air when I lived and worked in NYC and then when I lived on Long Island and still worked in NYC. I was truly overwhelmed with relief and pretty much joy when I found his show on the radio where I live now in Texas.

I am not religious but I sometimes say prayers just in case there really is some divine entity out there listening and I am not certain either way. As for the prayers I say, I have rarely said them for myself - even when I probably needed them badly - they are almost always for others just like now except he is getting more than most have gotten out of me.

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I don't wish cancer on anyone. My thoughts do go out to him. I wonder if he's re-thinking those cigars now?

Also, I've always been amazed how people with seemingly endless means, such as Rush, get hit wtih a stage 4 diagnosis. The cost of medical care is by no means a barrier to him. I wonder why this wasn't caught sooner? (and I'm afraid it may be because doctors are still practicing and haven't figured all this stuff out yet.)

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    First find out who RBGs doc is.

2nd call up the Israelis as they have a promising treatment in trials

3rd phuck cancer I'll pray for anyone who gets it.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I don't wish cancer on anyone. My thoughts do go out to him. I wonder if he's re-thinking those cigars now?

He always talks about his "formerly nicotine stained fingers" so I assume he was a heavy smoker at one point. Seems like he gave up cigars a while back also.

Also, I've always been amazed how people with seemingly endless means, such as Rush, get hit wtih a stage 4 diagnosis. The cost of medical care is by no means a barrier to him. I wonder why this wasn't caught sooner? (and I'm afraid it may be because doctors are still practicing and haven't figured all this stuff out yet.)

What is the test for lung cancer? I didn't hear all of it today but I think he said he'd been noticing he was short of breath and went in for that, figuring it was his heart.

I had a buddy who had similar symptoms and he had some type of leukemia (although it wasn't called leukemia, it was something else I can't remember the name of). He ended up going through a LOT of chemo but is OK now. A former co-worker had the same thing but didn't catch it early enough and died within a couple of months of the diagnosis. I notice I get winded a lot easier than I used to but I assumed it's because I'm getting older and fatter. Maybe I need to get tested for these things. And lose weight.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    First find out who RBGs doc is.

This. And Jimmy Carter's.

2nd call up the Israelis as they have a promising treatment in trials.

Seems like I was reading a while back that they found, or thought they found, a way to turn the HIV virus into cancer fighting machines. Can't remember if this was Israeli's or not.

Top Bottom